where do i look

-

iggys68dart

Reaction score
2 days ago my turn signals went out i changed flasher no luck so i checked and changed bulbs no luck now when i apply brakes left rear running light goes out, i know wiring is difficult to diagnose but anyone got a clue where i should start thanks to all

2 days ago my turn signals went out i changed flasher no luck so i checked and changed bulbs no luck now when i apply brakes left rear running light goes out, i know wiring is difficult to diagnose but anyone got a clue where i should start thanks to all

The front nor the rear work? Did you change the four way flasher or the turn signal flasher?

When you say you apply the brakes and the running light goes out how do you know since the brake lights are much brighter than the running/tail lights? Are the brake light working?

i did not know there was a different flasher for turn signal/4way and i lose all lights on left tailight when pressure applied the front running lights are good but they will not blink either thanks for your response and the right brake does work

i did not know there was a different flasher for turn signal/4way and i lose all lights on left tailight when pressure applied the front running lights are good but they will not blink either thanks for your response and the right brake does work

It sounds like you are not getting a good ground to the light bulb socket on the left rear if the lights go out!

my vote is for bad turn signal switch. when mine went bad i had similar problems, seems like nearly all of the running light/brake light wires pass thru that switch

my vote is for bad turn signal switch. when mine went bad i had similar problems, seems like nearly all of the running light/brake light wires pass thru that switch

Me too. Exactly the same thing happened to me. Only I also had the battery go low on me because the stupid switch was making contact but not enough to work the lights. I had to adjust the wires on the new switch to make the contacts at the right position at the right time. All work now........finally! I was lucky because the car was in a garage that was dark enough in the rear so I could see the tail lights with out the brakes applied.

ok lets see if i get this right, turn signal switch will be located in steering column ,so i need to pull wheel and check with tester, another member already suggested this over phone, but i dont want to pull all this apart till monday when i am off work, as this is my daily driver ,and it seems everytime i fix something 2 more things go wrong lol well its not really that funny but its the only way i can deal with it.

Your big problem may be getting a new signal switch if the car is the Dart in your avatar. Unless someone is now making them tere were scarce afew years ago.

ok this is where i am at i went and flipped the 4 way hazzard switch in the up position [have no clue if it should be up or down to actuate signal] now i have both running lights and brake lights still no turn signal lights any ideas

ok this is where i am at i went and flipped the 4 way hazzard switch in the up position [have no clue if it should be up or down to actuate signal] now i have both running lights and brake lights still no turn signal lights any ideas

I think the flasher units innerchange, try changing the one for the other nrw one. If not than I might go along with the other suggestions of the turn signal switch.

still could be bad grounds on your tail lights.... By the way, do you have front turn signals? Best thing to do is take front nad rear bulbs out and make sure all contacts are good and clean. Make sure both the tail lights and front park lights have good grounds and then go from there.

where is 4 way flasher i was ubder dash and seen a thing on side attatched that had i wire vertical 1 horizontal and was rectangular in shape approx 2inch x 3/4 inch and it had a couple more wires coming attatched at top i would love to give pic but waiting on postman to deliver new camera i changed out 2 prong flasher that was 1 1/4 by 1/2 inch with 1 i had laying around it was for a elcamino i dont know if this matters or not and my test light bulb is out so im just trying what i can and thaks too all for responses this site has been very good to me and i cant wait to return any knowledge ive learned to the next member

-
Back