Where do my hood pins go? 1973 Duster

-

RCK850

Reaction score
Just as title states I have never had pins on the car and with the fiberglass hood the latch in the center is just not enough. Where do they go? anyone got a factory picture?
016.jpg

Well looking at pics from earlier cars that bulge right in front of the hood bumper is the spot to put them. I'm going to get a stainless set and mark and drill my holes. Since my hood is fiberglass I'm not too worried about drilling the hood just trying to find the right location. Thanks

I would just put them on whre ever there is room. Or you could take off the hood bumpers and put them there. Then put a peice of cut down hose over the pin to act as a hood bumper.

Now I'm wondering too. Some kind peep post a pic of a 71/72 stock location ,please.

I don't know about the 'stock' location for pins. I do know there is not a lot of room to attach them and use the hood bumpers. After doing A LOT of layout, that triangular piece of metal Ma MoPar put there for the bumper is about the only place that serious metal from both the hood and the frame intersect.
So I removed the bumpers and their hardware built a marking jig.to automatically center-punch the hood and installed locking pins.
Andrew

Attachments

• Photo168.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 454
  • Photo169.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 414
-
Back