Where Do People Get Their Nerve

-
OK, now you've done it!

images

18" wheels.

They say opinions are like A$$hol@$. Everyone's got one. Just some are
bigger than others.

I've always heard it said like this:

Opinions are like a--holes, everyone has one and they are all full of ****... :bs:

(See, I'm trying to force my opinion on you like the guy the first poster is talking about.)

No, seriously, there will always be critics around. They think that they know more than everyone else.

I had a teacher back in jr high that if you said something that she didn't care for or was not related to the subject she was discussing would say, "Thank you for sharing that with us", and then get back to the point she was trying to make. You could always throw that at them and then turn away and ignore them.... :-#

I understand about people out in the world at car shows and places giving there thoughts on things, but do not jump in the middle of a conversation and ruddily interrupt a conversation :wack: I am not wanting to build a pavement ponder V8 car, A person can set back and wait/listen before they jump in with a remark like... Scrap that 6 banger and get a real engine!! I can not believe you dun spent all of that cash on that old /6!! :shock:
Hay! I am a grown man and if you think you can tell me what I need to do to My car, don't expect me to even look him in the eyes with a reply:thumblef: some times less is more, even when speaking :hello2:.
The world is made up of many different kinds of people, and they are so full of there self (self absorbed) they don't even need friend's :D I have been there also Sir Thomas.

As I get older, I am becoming more open minded. I like to see the older cars (1950's and earlier) like an old model T Ford and like to see how they were ORIGINALLY MADE. Especially the old carburetors and how simple they look, but still worked. Or an old flat head V-8.

Sometimes I get tired of looking at the same old V-8's that everyone has. It's not that I don't like V-8's, I do, I have quite a few myself. But they are all over and it's nice to see something different once in a while.

My Dart is a survivor car. Any thing that has been done to has been put back to original. That, I have made sure of. The folks here who have seen my car, know what it is.
This weekend at National's I was asked why I changed the interior, I should have stayed with what came with it. Shag carpet and Velour was never an option on my car, I was told.
I didn't feel the need to argue with Mr. Know it all, hell, he all ready knows everything. The statement "It's my car and that's the way it's going to be" came out of my mouth. And with that, he had nothing more to say.
The reality is pretty simple, we own our cars and what we do with them is our business. If I hang a chevy hood on my Duster or bolt a ford rear end under my Dart, I did it on my dime, not there's. What do I care what anyone else thinks?

My Dart is a survivor car. Any thing that has been done to has been put back to original. That, I have made sure of. The folks here who have seen my car, know what it is.
This weekend at National's I was asked why I changed the interior, I should have stayed with what came with it. Shag carpet and Velour was never an option on my car, I was told.
I didn't feel the need to argue with Mr. Know it all, hell, he all ready knows everything. The statement "It's my car and that's the way it's going to be" came out of my mouth. And with that, he had nothing more to say.
The reality is pretty simple, we own our cars and what we do with them is our business. If I hang a chevy hood on my Duster or bolt a ford rear end under my Dart, I did it on my dime, not there's. What do I care what anyone else thinks?

I don't care what they think, it just got under my skin that he belived that his opinion was SO important that it was more important then anything else and he was going to make sure I knew his opinion.

My current project (almost finished thankfully) is a flat fender Jeep built in a style that is unlikely to please anyone but me. Therefore, the message on the license plate frame "You can all Pog Ma Tho'in an Irish phrase requesting the reader to kiss a particular part of my anatomy.

-
Back