Where do these insulation pieces go?

-

CultClassik

Reaction score
It's been so long since I pulled the raggedy junk out of there that I have no point of reference. Should have snapped a picture, I know. I know that these are the pieces for the kick panel area (right?) but want to be sure how to place them, assuming they need to be glued in to place.

IMG_0810_zps0ec7bd5d.jpg

Inside the firewall, one goes above drivers foot well, the other goes above trans tunnel. There should be pre-cut holes in the insulation/cardboard that match to holes in firewall. You will need the plastic fasteners to attach them.

Those go on the cowl sides. The one with the square cut out is the drivers side. The cut out is for the horn relay. The other is the passenger side. They go up high behind were the dash buts up to the cowl sides.

Awesome, thank you guys. I will see if I can get these pieces in!

You can still see the impression from the original where it was. The arrow points to it.

Thanks! I noticed that also and figured it was somewhere in that area, but the shape doesn't give a 100% indication to where and how it's oriented (or maybe I'm just slow). Earlier I said kick panel area, guess I should have said cowl :)

Note that they are reversed from the way the firewall pieces are installed. The yellow side faces into the car. Thats why the impression from the backing board is still visible.

-
Back