where do you buy your parts???

-

snowmobiler7c

Reaction score
Just curious where everyone buys most their parts??

I have been picking up odds and ends here and there for my project a 1970 Dart Swinger. Car is being painted right now. Im currently making an inventory of everything i need and hope to order most the parts within the next couple weeks. But anyways what are my options?? My suspension/brakes are already complete.

I have used Year One and Legendary so far. IS there any other places that are decent? Possibly for seals/weather stripping, bumpers, chrome peices/trim?

Just looking for more options, i will have to check out sponsers to this site also.

If you post a list members will be able to give you specific vendors for certain items.

That's the best way, shopping around is really the only way.

Most of my replacement parts I get at NAPA, other items I shop around for price and quality.

I do a lot of shopping for parts on ebay. There is a magazine called Mopar Collectors Guide that has a lot of classified ads as well as mopar only vendors. Also, this forum is a fantastic resource for parts.

i find ebay pretty much has everything and if the item is something that a lot of sellers are selling, then that usually drives the price down on ebay, bcoz there is a degree of competition for the sale.

ok thanks guys, i actually use rockauto for everything i need for my newer cars/trucks as long as its something i can wait on. I did buy every front suspension part(moog) from rockauto.

I have a ton of stuff im looking for but specifically some that seem hard to find and super expensive are

70 dart interior/exterior handles
front rear windshield weather seals, door window trim, vent window gaskets, dash pad, parking light lenses, and front rear side marker lights, stuff like that

For the rubber part's, I would buy from Steele Rubber in North Carolina,
not the cheapest, but good stuff and quality. There are other places that
sell rubber, but I like using what I've had good luck with over the past
several year's.

Dante's for interior and rubber, Rock Auto for most else. 273 pistons from Egge.

what helps me is I got a knote book. Every contact i make i write it down and price. I also look for free shipping. I have a couple of knote books of suppliers. Also if someone on here is stuck, i can look it up and help them out.
Some of the places I go are.
Year 1
E-Bay
Dante's
Macini racing
R/T specialties
Laysons
AB/E parts, Just to name a few.

here first and swap meets and oreilly auto parts
and parts cars

For the common replacement parts, I usually try Motor Parts Central/Northern Auto Parts, they are all cars guys, and they have one employee that knows Mopars, they also sponsor a couple car shows during the summer. When I run into a brick wall on replacement parts, I will if need be order from Rock Auto. I priced some parts from Rock Auto but the shipping was more than the parts. For the more restoration parts, I ask here, then check E-bay, Jegs(free shipping), I try to avoid Year One as their prices seem high.

This page has a great index of vendors:

http://www.440magnum-network.com/pages/Mopar_Parts_And_Services/index.shtml

Just curious where everyone buys most their parts??

I have been picking up odds and ends here and there for my project a 1970 Dart Swinger. Car is being painted right now. Im currently making an inventory of everything i need and hope to order most the parts within the next couple weeks. But anyways what are my options?? My suspension/brakes are already complete.

I have used Year One and Legendary so far. IS there any other places that are decent? Possibly for seals/weather stripping, bumpers, chrome peices/trim?

Just looking for more options, i will have to check out sponsers to this site also.

Ebay, summit, jegs, classic industries, ABS, craiglist (used or new, and shows what shops are around and the specials they have going on), and I use google to find the parts I need and shop around for the best reviews or deals. The website RetailMeNot usually has coupons for sites like summit, jegs, advance auto parts, etc., so I check the different websites for the parts that I need and try to use the sites that have coupons for free shipping or other discounts.

Thanks again guys that give me alot of options to check around on prices and hard to find items.

-
Back