Where do you draw the line

-

siacs

Reaction score
Just trying to finish body work and get it ready for paint. I would just like to strip of the moulding chrome etc. My buddy who has been helping me wants to pull everything-all glass all trim from doors gut the inside, I am sure some of you know the routine. He is used to this type of resto since he works at Hot Rods and Classic's of Tucson. Granted it is the most proper way to get it done. For me I just don't know if we should go that far. There are no plans to pull the engine to paint the engine compartment. The interior is missing panels trim etc. that I need to locate. Getting the outsid painted and jams in enough right now. If I really love this car and am sure I want to invest the extra time money and effort. This is toy weekend cruiser maybe a night at run what you brung etc. My logic says paint the outside get the carpet headliner and rest of interior back together and drive it for a while and then decide if Iwant to go the full blown restro..
Going the extra mile here is going to cost a small fortune. Anybody have some thoughts on this??
Thanks

If you have another car take it down and do it right...my father always told me "you can't drive it and work on it" i always thought he was full of it until i tried...its really hard to put it back together the right way for work on Mondays...I vote for a complete disassembly..you'll be happier in the long run plus you can put that extra touch of care into it :headbang:

-
Back