where do you find parts?

-

Moreno

beginning restorer
Reaction score
im looking at finding parts for our dart we need new door panels, carpet, healdliner, dash pad, basically all the insides the outside will be painted and the engine is perfect. so im wondering where do you all find ur parts? ive got a65 dart 270 two benches and auto on the column. thanks for the input!!!

Check out BE/A restorations for dash pad. Year One, Dante's, Layson's, 1A auto, Ebay.

Depends...

If you're looking to do a factory style resto, then you'll need to see the usual upholstrery vendors (legendary, just dashes, ect.)

On my '65 Valiant, I just wanted something that looked period-correct (something that coulda been original, not 80s velour buckets or something) so I ordered the custom fit vinyl upholstery set from JC Whitney. It's an actual upholstery set that you atatch with hog rings, not the tie-on seat cover type. I got some foam rubber locally and did it myself. That was about 3 years ago and they've held up well. It ain't gonna win best interior, but for less than 300 bucks I'm satisfied. JCW also sells matching vinyl if you need to do the door panels.

I havent tried to make new door panels, but since our cars use flat panels it shouldn't be very difficult. You can get similar hard-board to what Chrysler used in 4x8s. Just be sure to put sheet plastic behind 'em like the originals had -keeps moisture inside the doors from warping the panels.

Good Luck!

Sounds great Valianator. Saving money is always a priority. Any chance of posting some pictures of your work. I know I would like to see how it turned out. Thanks.

thanks valianator, im looking to keep the dash period correct but the rest more custom, like the paint and interior im going custom on it, we are doing a purple and white scheme, its a four door so im trying to decide how i want the outside to be, im not positive if it will look right if i have two tone, purple with white on top. so i know the interior will be custom but i trying to keep it mainly original in the dash liek i said but the rest will be custom. Im just having such a a hard time finding parts for the dart and since im new to mopars im not sure which parts coincide with which models and whatnot, like can i use what from a cuda or a valiant to substitute for which part i cant find ya know? and i cant seem to find another 65 dart with a bench front seat that isnt split or doesnt have buckets instead of a bench. so any rate im basically looking for any type of info, i was thinking about changing the steering wheel and column, and dash but i just cant find anything i want, and unfortunately i have to buy since i cant fabricate at this time. so any info is appreciated!

Valiant i just noticed your future rest is my current resto!
'65 Dart 270 4 door sedan 225/T-flite (future project) good luck and i cant wait to see what you do!

DustYa and Moreno-
I'll get around to posting some pics before to long, I hope.
Christy (Fiancee) and I are in the middle of trying to combine households so I've been pretty busy lately!

Prolly be awhile before I do anything with my '65 Dart. The local scrap metal guy had it a few years ago so I just hadda buy it. Christy loves my '65 Valiant so we might fix up the Dart as "hers" when we get around to it.

Stay Tuned

-
Back