Where do you get clips for door mechanism?

-

scottylack

Reaction score
need those clips that always break... where do you get them????

Attachments

• photo(32)a.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 291
{http://www.clipsandfasteners.com/Door_Lock_Rod_Clip_Chrysler_p/a10262.htm}

This address is where I got mine.

I don't know if they fit early A. I used them in 71 Demon.

Dorman Help! sells a choke rod retainer clip assortment, which you could probably use. I realize the clips on Mopar door latch linkages are slightly different, however.

IF that is the rod(looks like it) that goes from the key/lock there is no clip. I just removed/installed the locks on my 64 Dart and there was no clip.the rod will clip into the door latch mechanism.Yours already is.

Thanks. Yes found that out!
How about from the long door handle rod to the lock mechanism?

Sorry, Got the door panels back on . Didn't have that apart and never noticed.
Maybe someone has a service manual picture.

The auto parts store that I use had a package of them on a rotating rack. May have been Dorman brand.

on the 65, is there a clip that connects the long door hadle rod to the lock mechanism?

on the 65, is there a clip that connects the long door hadle rod to the lock mechanism?

I know on the 66 there is. I got the door off of craigslist and it was on a 65( it had the rounded door lock and not the keyhole shaped opening) so it could be a 65 or 66 door I think,I'll see if I can take a pic of mine in the morning.

Dorman "Help!"pack no. 75450 contains one of them. Perhaps the other (non-Mopar) types of retainers included in the assortment might come in handy some day.

As Oldtimer just stated most of your auto part stores carry an Isle of parts thats called "Help" That line carries clips , wind sheild wiper pivot bushings, and various other little gadgets .I just replace all of my little clips on the Duster locks.

Hope this helps.

Bob

-
Back