Where do you guys with Kelsey-Hayes Brakes like to buy your pads?

-
I put mine on 2 years ago and I just got the standard pads from NAPA.
Someone on the forum reminded everyone that the material used for the standard KH rotors were developed at the same time the pads were and use of the super metallic type pads with 40 + year old material and technology is going to eat up rotors in short order.

Just something to consider.

I put mine on 2 years ago and I just got the standard pads from NAPA.
Someone on the forum reminded everyone that the material used for the standard KH rotors were developed at the same time the pads were and use of the super metallic type pads with 40 + year old material and technology is going to eat up rotors in short order.

Just something to consider.

Thanks! I was thinking the same thing. Don't want to eat the rotors up in a hurry. I suppose they were made with asbestos back in the day. Should be some non-metallic ones available.

Yea I always get the cheaper "softer" pads even for my truck. One time I bought the high dollar pads and they were hard on the rotors

I run them on everything from a 96 ACR Neon, to 66 and 68 Barracuda, to a 2001 Cherokee. I have to replace pads every 100K and Rotors every 200K, even though the rotors are still within spec.

-
Back