Where do you recommend buying interior?

-

70DartMike

Too many projects
Reaction score
The time is coming to start collecting interior pieces. Where would you guys recommend I purchase them from? I know the big name places, like 'purchase seat covers from Legendary' and 'purchase carpet from Year One'.. but what are your guys' experiences with these companies? Do you know different ones, with better quality? Please let me know, and post pics of your interiors and where you bought them from, thanks.

:cheers:I purchased the $120 carpet from JC Whitney, got a can of 3M spray carpet glue and did it myself.
Check the local trim and upolsters and see what they'll do it for. You won't have to lift a finger. I had a headliner, door panels, rear seats and the front buckets done for my Dart GT for $600. And you get to choose your colors, style, etc.:cheers:

If you want the correct interior Legendary is probably one of the best. Year One used to sell Legendary product but they`re also sourcing from another company in Kentucky. From what I`ve seen the Kentucky firm does not have the quality that Legendary does. Year One usually has a good sale in the winter with savings of up to 25%. If you can find out if Legendary sources the particular covers you need then it may be worth waiting and buying from Year One.

highly recommend Legendary. Great products and service. I just got covers made from NOS material from them for my duster. I couldnt be happier with the fit and finish. Cant say enough good things about them.

Before:

n1223602781_30053456_4903.jpg

After: The seat covers and shifter are the only things changed from the before to the after pics. It made a huge difference (obviously) LOL.

16150_1151826155519_1223602781_30350443_8225939_n.jpg

16150_1151826195520_1223602781_30350444_4477353_n.jpg

16150_1151826235521_1223602781_30350445_2970013_n.jpg

highly recommend Legendary. Great products and service. I just got covers made from NOS material from them for my duster. I couldnt be happier with the fit and finish. Cant say enough good things about them.

They look nice.

My friend had them make him a set for his Demon. Think they are out of the green material now.

100_2996.jpg

If you are getting most of the stuff, check out Nick's Classic Parts or Dante's Parts. Both sell Legendary stuff IIRC.

Both have good reputations and takes care of business. Occasionally have sales with certain percentages off. buying from one place might save you on multiple shipping charges.

Year one is notorious for crazy shipping cost, beware.

Legendary. They often run good sales - especially this time of year. Their carpet kit came from Trim Parts.

Definitely Legendary - they recently did a custom interior for me - a 66 Barracuda interior in the 65 Barracuda light metallic blue - and the price was good too,

For the Demon, I went with Legendary. I wanted the black & white plaid inserts to match the car I had in 72. Great quality, installs properly without a lot of extra fuss. I got mine during a sale, so I think I got good value for the money.

For the 73, I used seat covers from Seat Covers Unlimited. I wanted a cloth seat cover that would cover the front and back, as well as the center arm rest for the Dart Custom interior. I used their "tweed" set. The price and quality are good. It was a bit of a nuissance to install because I had to add a couple of flaps (used black vinyl) in order to stretch & install properly. Without the addition, they would fit loose and not have a professionally finished look to it.

FWIW: Both interiors were in pathetic condition. I had to rebuild the springs and replace the foam in both interiors. While I haven't seen molded foam for bench seats, I used foam I got from a fabric store. I doubled the foam on the seat cushions. All the same, the Legendary could be stretched and hog ringged into place, where there was on way on the Seat Covers Unlimited without modification.

72 back seat small.JPG

IMG_5614s.JPG

Legendary is definately the way to go as far as seat covers and all that. We were VERY happy with the ones we got for our roadrunner.

-
Back