Where does fuse box mount?

-

Popdart

Reaction score
Just replaced my dash harness, old one was all cut up. I replaced it with a used one in good condition.

The old fuse box was just hanging so I don't know where it mounts. Anyone have a pic of where it needs to be?? 73 Swinger. Rog

It mounts under the dash in front/to the left of the map light, when sitting in the car. Tough for me to explain, but you should see a hole in the underside of the dash where the mounting bolt goes in.

I don't have any pictures and I just replaced mine with a Painless harness, so it's not the same. Just make sure you can open your vent door before you mount it. I didn't... oops lol.

If you need pics of the area where it mounts, let me know. I can take a pic of mine and draw a diagram. Unless somebody else has one.

Thought I had one but I don't. Under the dash to the left of the steering colum is a little metal plate with a hole in it. I'm not sure its the same but mine mounts to the top of the plate so I have to almost lay on the floor to get my hands in there. Donno if that helps any :p

If you need pics of the area where it mounts, let me know. I can take a pic of mine and draw a diagram. Unless somebody else has one.
My car was owned by a butcher at one time. There is no map light or a left vent! I also found (or didn't find!) that I don't have an emergency brake . . . nothing under the dash. Whatever . . . thanks for your help.:D Rog

Thought I had one but I don't. Under the dash to the left of the steering colum is a little metal plate with a hole in it. I'm not sure its the same but mine mounts to the top of the plate so I have to almost lay on the floor to get my hands in there. Donno if that helps any :p
I do remember seeing a plate with a hole in it . . . I'll check on it. Thanks Rog

i dont have a pic either, but there is a metal tab barely sticking out left of the column , the fuse box has a corrosponding tab with a hole in it that sits on top of the dash mount. it mounts facing down towards the floor and parallel with the dash.

My '72 mounts with a big old sheet metal screw. Big bastard.

Thanks guys . . .I'll check further tomorrow . . . done for the day, time to take the better half to a good dinner!! Rog

-
Back