Where does this harness hook up to?

-

68 CUDA FORMULA S

Reaction score
There is a grommet above and behind the brake booster on my 74 318 scamp that has two wires coming out of it. Does anyone know where these wires go to and what they are for? Please look at the picture and if you can post a picture of where they go.
Thanks
Bob

Attachments

• 070.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 637
If it's long enough to reach the carburetor area, it might be for the electric choke controller.

looks like the carb. electric choke or horn .... "beep beep"

quick question i know this is off topic and thread high jacking is frowned upon but i have that booster and master 66 CUDA has there on his photo can any one post a quick link or photo of a much smaller booster and master that could take its place.

SUCKS having an A body with a 440 and no room on the Engine bay.

sorry. again off topic.

On my 67 Barracuda, the purple is for the temperature sender and the green is the alternator. They are side by side at the front of the engine.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 578
quick question i know this is off topic and thread high jacking is frowned upon but i have that booster and master 66 CUDA has there on his photo can any one post a quick link or photo of a much smaller booster and master that could take its place.

SUCKS having an A body with a 440 and no room on the Engine bay.

sorry. again off topic.

PM on the way

If you look at the picture you can follow the wire harness to the grommet above the booster. The horn wires are there and connected, the electric choke wires are there and connected, the oil pressure sending unit wire is there and connected,as is the temp sending unit wire and it is connected also. the car is not running yet so I can't tell whats working or not yet. What I need is a member with a 1974 to look and see first if their car has this harness and if so where does it go? For all of you who have responded thank you but it's still a mystery. I do not have my A/C compressor yet and I am wondering if it has something to do with that. A picture of someone who has it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Bob

Attachments

• 035.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 591
  • 036.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 546
  • 037.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 591
that doesn't look original to the car.

id say follow them under the dash and see where they go.

blower/wiper motor?

aftermarket Tachometer?

looks to me like you covered everything and you have spares

attachment.php

Here I was thinking we were looking at the 66. :banghead:

That wire comes out on my 74 Sport and goes to the windshield wiper motor.

I sure don't know. the 73 and 74 manuals have a chart showing connectors.

It's not the EGR timer or choke.........wrong colors

Not part of the A/C

Not part of the seat belt interlock.

My wiper motor wires come right out of the bulk head connector, and you are right at first the 66 Barracuda schematics were up and then with just a wave of the wand bag there were the 74 schematics, skep419 HOW DID YOU DO THAT? Anyhow I am going to crawl under the dash and see if I can trace these wires, they have me stumped. Part of the fun I am having rebuilding this Scamp.
Thanks for all your input.
Bob

I looked at your user name at first and then read it was on a different vehicle. (hit the edit button like magic hahahah)

2012-10-03_034829_b2.jpg

2012-10-03_034743_b1.jpg

Is there anyone out there with a 74 Scamp 318 with air that has this harness and can tell me for sure where it hooks up to. A lot of it might go here and it might go there but does anyone know for sure?
Thanks
Bob

Did you ever find out where it goes on the inside of the firewall?

I traced the harness through the fire wall and into the main harness that is right above the steering column. It is all covered up so I can't see which way the wires go and me not being able to see colors does not help trying to trace them.
Bob

that would be your best bet. trace it all the way you'll have to turn upside down contort onto the seat and under the dash or get the little one if you have one haha.. trace it back that will tell you exactly what you need to know.

The mystery of the unknown harness has been solved. The green wire went to the blower motor, and the blue wire went into the wire connector that was on the right side behind the valve cover. Thanks to moparker (Mike) he sent me some pictures of his and gave me a call to let me know where they went. Thanks to all who chimed in, this Scamp is getting very close to it's first start up in many many years.
Thanks again
Bob

-
Back