Where does this plug into???

-

gtgto

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Trying to reassemble the dash and wiring. This connector wasn't plugged in before I started so I'm not sure where it goes.
IMG_3588.JPG
IMG_3587.JPG

Goes to the wiring circuit in the back of the cluster unit, into the circuit board! There are 3 pins, 2 offset, one by itself! It is on the circuit board without the center round plug pins!!

Rear left side of dash board, to the right of the flasher switch.
Are you talking about near the headlight switch side or the wiper switch side? Will I be able to get to it with the dash gauges already installed?

Are you talking about near the headlight switch side or the wiper switch side? Will I be able to get to it with the dash gauges already installed?
Yes, the headlight switch side. You have to remove all the dash screws and the bolts to drop the steering column down. you won't have to remove it, but pull it out far enough from the left side till you can visually see the pin connectors.Its behind these.
IMG_3942.JPG

We could offer some better advice if you can tell us the year, make, & model car that you're working on...

You'll have to remove the headlight switch connection and the 4 way hazard connection to get access to it!

You'll have to remove the headlight switch connection and the 4 way hazard connection to get access to it!
The car is a 70 Duster. I'll get it connected tomorrow. So what does this connector control?

Heres pics. This is from 67-9 cuda. Rallye dash is the same I believe. You can see the 3 male pins.

20170708_183148.jpg

20170708_183153.jpg

Got the connector back where it is supposed to go......Turned my lights on and I still have no instrument panel lighting at all......Before this removal and reassembly of my gauge cluster I did have at least the high beam indicator. That was about the only thing that lit up on the dash. Now I don't even have that. On the bright side my brake lights and turn signals and factory tach are now working.

Not sure if u have factory manual, but if not go to mymopar.com and download it for free.
It could be the headlight switch, I cant remember if the dash light wiring runs thru there. (I think it does because you use headlight switch to dim them)

Not sure if u have factory manual, but if not go to mymopar.com and download it for free.
It could be the headlight switch, I cant remember if the dash light wiring runs thru there. (I think it does because you use headlight switch to dim them)
I was praying it was the headlight switch but no dice....I also put all new 194 bulbs in. Yeah I do have a shop manual and a wiring diagram.....Was just looking for some direction.

Last edited:
So was the car running before this? Is it a rally dash? On my cuda I believe main feed comes in the round plug. Heres a pic of mine, 8 male pins.

20170711_203845.jpg

So was the car running before this? Is it a rally dash? On my cuda I believe main feed comes in the round plug. Heres a pic of mine, 8 male pins.

View attachment 1715068330
Yes it was running before. Since I have owned the car which is almost a year and a 1/2 it has not had brake lights or blinkers. I decided since I would like to drive the car safely that the wiring and dash would be the next task. The car is a 70 340 Duster with a rallye dash. I have replaced the turn signal switch and brake light switch and removed the wiring harness with the intention of replacing it with a used one I bought here on FABO. After having the harnesses side by side my original one that was already in the car was in much better shape. Some wiring was added for whatever reason and was just hanging wires which made it look a lot worse than it was. I removed the excess wiring and after referring to my wiring diagram i wired the factory tach which was previously not connected to anything. Reinstalled the wiring harness and gauge bezel and after reconnecting the wires that I had removed and tagged while disassembling it all. Connected the battery + cable and started testing. I found my brake lights and blinkers now work and when I started the car up the factory tach also works. I see no life at all in any lights in the instrument panel. No blinker indicators, no gauges light up but 3 of the 4 gauges do seem to work, and no speedo lights and not even a high beam indicator which I know I had before all of this. Also my emergency flashers do nothing and they have never worked since owning the car.

Lots of GOOD info right there, thanks.
Im challenged with electrical, but im thinking for dash lights that it could be a poor ground?? If you do a search you will find pics where guys added grounded to the back of the bezel.

My light buzzer will not turn off when lights are on, could that be a faulty ground through the headlight switch? Newly painted dash and new switch.

Wow. I guess I didn't do as thorough a job as I thought while disassembling the wiring and gauge cluster. I have a ground strap that I know connected to one of the steering column bolts but don't know where I disconnected it from. Any idea???

Did you fix it yet? I'd be suspicious of the ground to the lamps on the circuit board. They get their power from separate pins - signal lights, high beam indicator, dash lights but the circuit board pretty much has a common ground trace to all of them if I remember correctly.

Did you fix it yet? I'd be suspicious of the ground to the lamps on the circuit board. They get their power from separate pins - signal lights, high beam indicator, dash lights but the circuit board pretty much has a common ground trace to all of them if I remember correctly.
I am very close to being done. I have all dash lights working except my right turn indicator. I am waiting on the CORRECT bulb sockets to hopefully finish my work. Right now I do not have any added grounds connected where they will be when I put the column back together. It has been a painful process but I have learned a lot and saved myself some $$ doing it myself. The bulb sockets I bought are garbage and do not fit properly into the sockets. The ones that do work are 5/8's of an inch. Don't always believe what you read in the for sale adds on EBAY.....NOS does not mean New Old Stock to many sellers on EBAY.

-
Back