Where is that Road Runner

-
I ran him off already for running my trash can over.

Attachments

• oscar.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 266
My little buddy will get that Road Runner, if we could just find him, anyone know where the Road Runner is? I need to get him before he runs over another trash can.

Attachments

• S2010412.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 258
somehow this thread has got rani written all over it

Hang on little buddy, someone thinks the Road Runner may be at Disney

Attachments

• S2010413.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 240
Last I saw him he was headed here.
Uh oh, does Acme carry nitrous? #-o

Attachments

• acme.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 231
Oh No!

Attachments

• coyote_dynamite_answer_1_xlarge.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 225
Yes, a nuke from dynamite in true cartoon form.

Attachments

• help.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 221
  • bomb.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 224
You all may want to be careful what you ask for....

Beep Beep!!!

The RoadRunner is right here....

Catch me if you can....

This one has gone 150 MPH on the high banked track at the Chrysler Proving Grounds in Chelsea, MI with plenty more pedal to go....

[ame]http://youtu.be/9nRGeUe4nBg[/ame]

View attachment Sprbrd 031314 Rt ft A01 B.jpg

View attachment Sprbrd 031314 Rt Side A01 B.jpg

View attachment Sprbrd 031314 Rt Wing A01 B.jpg

View attachment Sprbrd 031314 Eng Rt A01 B.jpg

View attachment Sprbrd 031314 Eng lt A01 B.jpg

View attachment Sprbrd 031314 Speedo A04 B.jpg

Wow! A survivor?

Dad bought it off of the original owner back in '81 with just over 20 k on it. It was a "lot lizzard" and he bought from the dealer back in late summer of '71 and drove it until '74 when the gas crisis hit and then parked it. Then replated it to drive to see the Indy 500 in '79 and drove it a little until he sold it to us in '81.

The original owner owned a Maaco paint shop and it was repainted once before we got it. It had a drip in the engine compartment and they sprayed over the washer fluid bottle instead of remove it and reinstall it after paint.... :banghead:

We had it repainted to correct those issues when we got it, and it's been that way since. It's NEVER been restored. Just repainted. Only the distributor and valve covers are not original. :glasses7:

My brother bumps into the original owner with work once in a while and he keeps asking to buy it back. He regrets letting it go.... :violent1: :banghead:

I got to pick my choice of dad's Roadrunners when he died, my son wanted me to take the Superbird as it's all original low mile car. I passed up on the '69 Roadrunner convertible, originally a 383 4 speed. It had a 67 440 4 speed in it when we bought it. When that wore out, we rebuild dad's 66 426 Hemi and installed it (but kept the 383 emblems on the hood - LOL!). So yeah, I passed up getting a 69 Roadrunner convertible with a 426 Hemi, 4 speed and 3.54 Dana.... :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Tough choice.... #-o

So if you all want to hunt Roadrunners, we got some. Try to catch us.... Bring it on!!! :D :glasses7: :D

Beep Beep!!!

Need a bigger motor to catch that Road Runner

Yep, you will....

I thought that my 68 Barracuda fastback 340 Formula S was fast with a 3.91 gear and .484/284 MP cam.... :D

Until I drove the Superbird..... :pale: :banghead:

The stock 440 Six Pak will walk all over my Barracuda.... :twisted:

After all these years, I find out that Road Runner is really a Super Bird, he must have super powers. Lets go down to the Dodge dealership and get us a HELL CAT, if that does not work, we will just go to Burger King, I like whoppers anyway!

Attachments

• S2010415.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 133
Thanks for the laughs , and the cool road runner story !!

-
Back