where to buy factory sway bar bushings?

-

Syleng1

Karma is real and Life is short...
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hello all,
Happy Mother's Day to all Mom's out there.

I am looking for a source for the frame mount bushings for a front swaybar for the 64-66 abody? These look like you need to cut the weld and replace the bushing then reweld it back up on a factory front sway bar set up. I have not measured it, but it apears to be 13/16"

Back story is I bought a trailer full of parts from a stripped out 65 cuda formula s today. I wanted the sway bar for my 66 - the pile had a set of lca with the tabs as well.

4speed pedals also, dash, glass, ect.

I would like to install on my 66' as I have nothing for sway bars and this is better than nothing.
pm me here or If you have a source please let me know.
Joe

Gerald,

Thanks for the help but thats the wrong bushing. This sway bay is 13/16" and is square looking.

Anyone else have these

Your not going to like hearing this, but those bushings have long been, unobtanium, obsolete, parts.
Haven't been made in decades.
Your not going to find them anywhere, parts store wise.
Your only hope is advertise everywhere, and hope some vendor has real old stock somewhere.
Good luck.

We have a part listing for these square sway bar bushings, part# GG-80C, $13.25 each. These are reproduction pieces. Description says the hole is 7/8".

However....the bad news..... we sold the last pair of GG-80C we had in stock a few weeks ago and our supplier won't have any more available until sometime late summer-early fall.

But....we do have a pair of GG-80A in stock. They are the same square type bushing but with a 3/4" hole, they are identical to the ones pictured except for the size of the hole. They are priced at $14.95 each...

Attachments

• GG-80C.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 146
We have a part listing for these square sway bar bushings, part# GG-80C, $13.25 each. These are reproduction pieces. Description says the hole is 7/8".

However....the bad news..... we sold the last pair of GG-80C we had in stock a few weeks ago and our supplier won't have any more available until sometime late summer-early fall.

But....we do have a pair of GG-80A in stock. They are the same square type bushing but with a 3/4" hole, they are identical to the ones pictured except for the size of the hole. They are priced at $14.95 each...

Yep :cheers: Love mine and looked just like what I took off :glasses7:

For my factory 1965 Barracuda Formula S I adapted aftermarket and they now work fine. As long as the bar is held snug, any adaptation will probably work. See thread below for an explanation. I used 13/16" aftermarket bushings and just cut off the mounting tabs and put the aftermarket bushings inside the factory tabs. Meanwhile, here are the pictures I took.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=194768

Attachments

• DSC01305.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 186
  • DSC01306.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 171
  • DSC01307.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 168
  • DSC01308.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 177
  • DSC01309.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 196
  • DSC01310.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 186
To both Rick and Dibbons... Thank you very much. I will try Layson's (allways had good luck with them as a vendor) and if those dont work (diameter) I will go the aftermarket route. I am adding a sway bay from a donor car and want all new parts if possible. The bar is kinda small but it went almost 50 years with none so even small is good.
Thank you for your help.
Hemi71x: so what you were saying is there is a possibility I cant find them? LOL!
Joe

-
Back