Where to buy -- manual steering gear box for 1969 Dart

-

Oldschool

Reaction score
Ok folks, who makes one of these. I have found all sorts of power steering conversion gearboxes, but nothing in a new gearbox for a manual steering box. Can you help "steer" him in the right direction???

Just find a good used manual box and send it to firm feel and have them rebuild it. Do you have a manual box now ?

A company called Flaming River used to make them new. I think they still do.

He does have a manual box on it now. I will tell him what you guys said. Thanks to all of you....

Here is a link to our new production 16:1 manual steering box. They retail for $459 but as a member here your cost would be $413:

Manual Steering Box 16:1

Please let me know if your have any questions. These are new production boxes with no core charge. We also have available the stock 24:1 as well.

Thanks
James

Here is a link to our new production 16:1 manual steering box. They retail for $459 but as a member here your cost would be $413:

Please let me know if your have any questions. These are new production boxes with no core charge. We also have available the stock 24:1 as well.

Thanks
James

why don't you PST guy's make an affordable 20to 1 box ?

That is something that I will take into account. But the 16:1 has been a very popular one for us up to this point.

Thanks
James

Thanks
James

I just ordered this box online a few minutes ago. Thanks for the help...

Ken aka Oldschool

Last edited:
Yup just saw it. Let me know if you have any questions.

James

Sorry but it will not fit your application. The 64-66 A Bodies used a different box then the later years.

Thanks
James

We use a combination of ways when putting our application charts together for products. One way that we do that is through physical test fitting of products which unfortunately we do not have every year of A body from 1964-76. But the second way that we do this is through factory parts books and vintage hollander and michell exchange books. Mine response to the question was such because we show different part # between the housing from 64-66 and the 67-76. So I can only base my answer off the information that I have available. Not to say that it may not work but we like to be 100% percent sure on our applications and we have to make those decision with the information that we have available.

Thanks
James

Thanks PST. I wanted to check with a Vendor associated with FABO. I'll check other places that have been recommended.

-
Back