Where to buy/order Main Bearings for FORGED (pre-76) crank?

-

1966DartConvertible

Reaction score
Hi there

I just took the crank out and the bearings are not too bad but I thought since the engine is out and apart, might as well change them main bearings.

My prob is trying to find main bearings for the early forged crank without any reduction i.e. -0.010 or -0.030 (i need standard ones)

Tried Ebay, cant find any. Anyone can help me out?

Cheers

Syed

summit has mains, rods, brass freeze plugs, oil galley plugs, pistons

give them a call

Pick you out some, send me the link, Paypal me the dough and I'll send um to you. Chop chop, Hopsing.

Pick you out some, send me the link, Paypal me the dough and I'll send um to you. Chop chop, Hopsing.

Hey thats the MOPAR spirit! I will take up your offer if this doesn't work out.

Here is an Engine Kit from KINGS
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...witem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_4008wt_939

and here is a link for Mains from Vandevell
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...2459451&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_500wt_956

They both ship to Malaysia for about $20-45. Would you recommend the KING or Vandervell?

Thanks

Syed

I asked about the King bearings a while back because I've not run them before. Everyone spoke very favorable about them. I'm a die hard Clevite man. But everyone says Kings are very good.

but we can and he is gonna ship it anyways...

Anyone wants to be my "freight forwarder"? I can order whole bunch of parts from companies that would not ship overseas and send to YOU, then you pack all up into one big container/box and ship to ME... with a 10% mark-up for your "commission"? What do you think? Any takers? :)

Syed

Anyone wants to be my "freight forwarder"? I can order whole bunch of parts from companies that would not ship overseas and send to YOU, then you pack all up into one big container/box and ship to ME... with a 10% mark-up for your "commission"? What do you think? Any takers? :)

Syed

i would be willing but we would have to figure out the money thing... kinda scary for both, i mean ur across the world and all and so am i...

list the parts and lets see what we can do...
like .010 over bearings and what not... and do you have the engine apart to see if the block has already been bored or the crank turned, etc...

im willing to help but i want to see what u have first...

i would be willing but we would have to figure out the money thing... kinda scary for both, i mean ur across the world and all and so am i...

list the parts and lets see what we can do...
like .010 over bearings and what not... and do you have the engine apart to see if the block has already been bored or the crank turned, etc...

im willing to help but i want to see what u have first...

Thank you man.

Actually I'm kinda lucky as I'm actually all good to go as far as engine and suspension bushings are concern. I've also ordered new rings set, rod and main bearings from Ebay. And I got the front end rebuild kit and brake parts from Pentastar Australia.

Stuff I still havent ordered are a set of 4 shocks (heavy = $$), all the rubber seals for the car - Vert Top seals set, door jam rubber, door felts set, trunk seal, hood to cowl seal etc. I would also need a Holley 1920 carb with air cleaner housing (if i really want to go for originality), but that is not critical as the current solex on the car work just fine. Oh an some electrical stuff which i think i might be able to source locally if im lucky like relays and stuff.

Other than that not much else i could think of for now.

:)

Thank you man.

Actually I'm kinda lucky as I'm actually all good to go as far as engine and suspension bushings are concern. I've also ordered new rings set, rod and main bearings from Ebay. And I got the front end rebuild kit and brake parts from Pentastar Australia.

Stuff I still havent ordered are a set of 4 shocks (heavy = $$), all the rubber seals for the car - Vert Top seals set, door jam rubber, door felts set, trunk seal, hood to cowl seal etc. I would also need a Holley 1920 carb with air cleaner housing (if i really want to go for originality), but that is not critical as the current solex on the car work just fine. Oh an some electrical stuff which i think i might be able to source locally if im lucky like relays and stuff.

Other than that not much else i could think of for now.

:)

what rings are they and where did u get the pistons?

Yeah all is good, I'm changing the rings just becoz the pistons are out of the block and save me from doing this again in the future - the rings actually are still in good condition.

I initially wanted to just take the oil pan off and the head off to change all gaskets plus install new valve seals. But then, im already at this stage, why not take the engine apart...

Yeah all is good, I'm changing the rings just becoz the pistons are out of the block and save me from doing this again in the future - the rings actually are still in good condition.

I initially wanted to just take the oil pan off and the head off to change all gaskets plus install new valve seals. But then, im already at this stage, why not take the engine apart...

ok cool. do you have all the tools to measure how far the piston is down in the block and such??

mite as well up the compression to 9.3:1 or so... what octane gas do u have there?

just a follow up: king rod/main bearings are good quality. i ordered a set on ebay from "engine_kits" this seller has several sizes. i'm putting them in a 225 i'm building. i'm shooting for a h.p. per cubic inch. wish me luck.
i'll post the build specs if anyone's interested. i'd welcome any feedback.--mike

just a follow up: king rod/main bearings are good quality. i ordered a set on ebay from "engine_kits" this seller has several sizes. i'm putting them in a 225 i'm building. i'm shooting for a h.p. per cubic inch. wish me luck.
i'll post the build specs if anyone's interested. i'd welcome any feedback.--mike

what cam and how much head work?

Attachments

• ss dart.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 106
  • Good Bye 005.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 115
hi dan, (slantsix dan?)
first, i really like the pic of your 225. looks really clean.
about my engine: it's out of a '70 dart. i got it back from the engine shop about two weeks ago, where they hot tanked the block and head. it's bored 0.60 over and they took 0.45 off both the block and the head, which computes to about 9 to 1 compression. i'm starting to assemble this week.
i got a comp cam, which is not radical--i'll post the model when i'm down at the shop.
i have ground and polished all the ports and i'm hoping to get the head onto a flow bench before i'm through.
i'm using a offenhauser intake w/ a holly 390 4-barrel. it has vacuum secondaries. also, electronic ignition.
i split the stock exhaust manifold. on the front three, i welded an outlet to take a two-inch pipe. on the back three, i modified the cut off section and the heat riser unit. of course, a two-inch pipe there, also. the pipes will enter an "x" and then straight back. since it's my wife's car, i will opt for "gentle" mufflers.
i will probably fall quite short of 225hp when i'm done, but i wanted a target of some sort. i refrained from going too radical since the car, a '68 dart gt convertible, is our day trip vehicle. i just wanted a bit more ommph.
i'm keeping the 904 trans. i had it rebuilt and included a mild shift kit.
i welcome any of your comments. mike

hi dan, (slantsix dan?)
first, i really like the pic of your 225. looks really clean.
about my engine: it's out of a '70 dart. i got it back from the engine shop about two weeks ago, where they hot tanked the block and head. it's bored 0.60 over and they took 0.45 off both the block and the head, which computes to about 9 to 1 compression. i'm starting to assemble this week.
i got a comp cam, which is not radical--i'll post the model when i'm down at the shop.
i have ground and polished all the ports and i'm hoping to get the head onto a flow bench before i'm through.
i'm using a offenhauser intake w/ a holly 390 4-barrel. it has vacuum secondaries. also, electronic ignition.
i split the stock exhaust manifold. on the front three, i welded an outlet to take a two-inch pipe. on the back three, i modified the cut off section and the heat riser unit. of course, a two-inch pipe there, also. the pipes will enter an "x" and then straight back. since it's my wife's car, i will opt for "gentle" mufflers.
i will probably fall quite short of 225hp when i'm done, but i wanted a target of some sort. i refrained from going too radical since the car, a '68 dart gt convertible, is our day trip vehicle. i just wanted a bit more ommph.
i'm keeping the 904 trans. i had it rebuilt and included a mild shift kit.
i welcome any of your comments. mike

who me?!? naw slant dan has the early a body stuff. sounds like a fun build, definatly alot more go then original!

thanks.
for the record, i'm using a comp cam #264s (64-241-4). this has a duration of 264 and a lift of 0.44. power will be concentrated at low/mid rpm. i'll post the final assembly & specs on a new thread in "slant 6 discussion" when complete. w/ pics. have a great holiday.

-
Back