Where to buy rotors

-

71dart318

Reaction score
I cant believe how hard this is to get new rotors. Everyone sells a (behind the hub) but no hub. Mine are one piece. these are stock 11'' 5x4 rotors. Any one have a link. None of the part stores list them.:wtf:

Sounds like you have the 65-72 Kelsey Hayes disc brakes. As I understand it, new hubs are made of unobtanium and used are just about as scarce.

Stock rotors should separate from the hub after you press out the studs.

I cant believe how hard this is to get new rotors. Everyone sells a (behind the hub) but no hub. Mine are one piece. these are stock 11'' 5x4 rotors. Any one have a link. None of the part stores list them.:wtf:

"Stock" Factory, 65-72 Kelsey Hayes rotors, are two piece.
Rotor and hub.
Modern replacement rotors, are a rotor only.
They DO NOT come with a Hub.
You are supposed to take off the hub from the old rotor, and then install it onto the new rotor.

Sounds like you don't have Hubs.
In that case your likely SOL.

Hubs are unobtanium, obsolete, dinosaur eggs, hens teeth, to find, and then purchase, in this day and age.

People threw out their old rotors with hubs still attatched to them, and that's a reason why just hubs are so damm difficult to get ahold of.

As you already found out, you can get rotors alone, from vendors, sellers, on Amazon, or Rock Auto online.

You can convert to big bolt pattern by using Ford Mustang rotors, that are machined to work on the Kelsey Hayes spindles, and those are a one piece rotor and hub assembly.

But again, if your looking for hubs, i wish you lots of luck.

I needed a pair of hubs for a customer of mine, and took lots of time and effort, before i ever located a pair of them, on this web site.

I probably depleted the stock of them, out there in the nation. lol

Try Rock Auto I got rotors for a 72 and 73 duster no problem.

A 72 rotor, is totally different from a 73 rotor.
Not the same at all.
Two totally different, brake design systems.

But yes, either year rotor are available for their respective design, brake systems.

Last edited:
Just looked on rock auto and only list the rotor with no hub. I have looked closely and mine are definitely one piece. only thing stamped on them is min thickness of 790 mine are both 755 so they wont turn them.

Just looked on rock auto and only list the rotor with no hub. I have looked closely and mine are definitely one piece. only thing stamped on them is min thickness of 790 mine are both 755 so they wont turn them.

You know that old Chinese proverb.
A picture is worth a thousand words.
Post a picture here, and everyone can tell you what you have.

I think you are confused what a two piece rotor looks like, and what a one piece rotor looks like.

No such thing as a "One Piece" factory rotor.
As i stated, they are rotor, and hub. (Two piece)

Picture.
65-72 Kelsey Hayes brake rotors.
Two piece, attatched together.

65-72 A Body Disc Brakes #5 006 (Small).JPG

Well those look just like mine....I guess that's why I asked you guys.. Can not believe I got soo worked up and I was wrong....I mean once in like 1992 was I wrong. JK Mine are the two piece...just dropped them off to get pressed. I looked soo many times..uugg. Thank you guys.

-
Back