Where to find 7 1/4 rear end shock plates??

-

Bijon

Reaction score
Allright so I got a '75 Valiant with the
7 1/4 axle, and I can't seem to find the shock plates for them nowhere online, most common sites won't hold them, and specialized mopar sites mostly only holds plates for bigger axles, so as of yet, other than buying used (which are kinda rarer than I thought), do you guys have any other options as replacement for them? Both studs snapped with the nuts trying to take them out...

Thanks ✌️

7 1/4 axle, and I can't seem to find the shock plates for them nowhere online, most common sites won't hold them, and specialized mopar sites mostly only holds plates for bigger axles, so as of yet, other than buying used (which are kinda rarer than I thought), do you guys have any other options as replacement for them? Both studs snapped with the nuts trying to take them out...

Thanks ✌️
Have you checked doctor diff? I think the 8 1/4 and 7 1/4 share the same plates

Have you checked doctor diff? I think the 8 1/4 and 7 1/4 share the same plates
No. 8 1/4 takes 3" U bolts, 7 1/4 takes 2 1/2" U bolts. I don't know of any place that repros 7 1/4 plates.
OP, if all you did was snap the shock studs off, just put new ones on your old shock plates. Mancini has 'em.
Mancini Racing Lower Rear Shock Stud

Just about anyone that pulls their 7 1/4" axle to swap in something bigger seems to throw away the stock hardware.
Put up a Want To Buy ad here.
Someone may have some and not think anyone wants them.

No. 8 1/4 takes 3" U bolts, 7 1/4 takes 2 1/2" U bolts. I don't know of any place that repros 7 1/4 plates.
OP, if all you did was snap the shock studs off, just put new ones on your old shock plates. Mancini has 'em.
Looked at mancini and do have studs, but are the studs replaceable on original plates? Seems to be one cast part, might have checked too quick

Just about anyone that pulls their 7 1/4" axle to swap in something bigger seems to throw away the stock hardware.
Put up a Want To Buy ad here.
Someone may have some and not think anyone wants them.
Didn't know about that section, I'll do so, thanks for the advice!

Another option is to drill and tap the end and put a stud in. Use lock tight, it will work fine
I was thinking about going this way if I don't find any. I was wondering about the strenght of it compared to an original part given it would only be taped about an 1/2 inch into.

Thanks ✌️
I have a good used set. Pay the shipping you can have them.

This is a OEM 67 7 1/4"
If the threaded section is broken off drill and tap it. Put in a stud and call it a day.

PXL_20240303_173418091~2.jpg

Welded to the base
PXL_20240303_173410854~2.jpg

Pressed in before welding
PXL_20240303_173346450~2.jpg

Or grind off the weld and knock out the broken post and install one of these.

Last edited:
-
Back