where to find a 360 magnum center sump pan?

-

supersonictoys

Reaction score
looking for a magnum 360 center sump pan. I know an LA pan will bolt right on but I would like to stay with the one piece pan gasket the magnum uses. I believe the magnums used in trucks and vans were all rear sump, were magnum 360's ever put in cars??(don't think they were) if so what cars? anyway, any info on where to find a center sump magnum 360 pan would sure be helpful.

i'm sure you can get a 1-piece oil pan gasket from DC for you 360, along with the oil pan too.
magnum/LA same pan, no? other then the sump.

So your basically just wanting to change to a mid sump pan for the magnum, i don't know if they make a magnum mid sump pan, i just went through installing a magnum 360 in an A body, i had to get an LA pan & run the LA gasket, because you can't use the 1 piece gasket on the LA pan, if they do make a magnum mid sump pan i'd like to see it, because then i was mis-informed by many, but i don't think they make one, wish they did.

SCE Gaskets part# 2690**... hunt a little.. LA ONE PIECE.

Description of SCE GASKETS 269090 OIL PAN GASKET - 69-UPSBM 318-340 1-PIECE

318-340 omly, wont work on 360 . the rear of the pan has a larger rounded cut out on a 360. thanks for the idea 360z28 but JoeDust451 you are probably right. guess I will just get an LA pan and go with individual gaskets....:wack:

dont know if you already have a la pan
i saw a brand new ,stock one, on ebay for 50 or 60 bucks the other day
i dont anything about the 1 piece gaskets ..........

looking for a magnum 360 center sump pan. I know an LA pan will bolt right on but I would like to stay with the one piece pan gasket the magnum uses. I believe the magnums used in trucks and vans were all rear sump, were magnum 360's ever put in cars??(don't think they were) if so what cars? anyway, any info on where to find a center sump magnum 360 pan would sure be helpful.

No one makes a center sump for the magnum (without the notches in the front ends) but you can use the LA pan and the magnum one piece gasket. Get the front end seal from an LA pan gasket set then at the top ends cut the notches off and fit then and use RTV to keep them in place while you put the one piece gasket over them. Works great. Thats what I did on mine.

Larry

That gasket will work without any mods on a MAGNUM PAN, not an LA. Problem is the magnum pan is different at the front ends where it goes around the front cover. The LA pan has a notch at the end of the rail where the wrap starts around the front cover. THe magnum pan DOES NOT so if you use the magnum gasket on an LA pan you need to fill that notch or you are definately going to have a leak (I know!!). Easiest way is as I described above.

Larry

-
Back