Where to get a PCM flashed?

-

Riddler

Project EH-Body
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm still working with a local company to create plug and play harnesses and use stock PCM's with HP Tuners. However we're having some issues with pcm communication. From what I understand my 2004 Ram PCM might not be flashed for what we need.

My question is who or where can a PCM be flashed? I know Hotwire does the flashing of PCM's but what are they using? What's the tool used called? Can any dealership do the flash?

Thanks,

Riddler

Hey guys,

I'm still working with a local company to create plug and play harnesses and use stock PCM's with HP Tuners. However we're having some issues with pcm communication. From what I understand my 2004 Ram PCM might not be flashed for what we need.

My question is who or where can a PCM be flashed? I know Hotwire does the flashing of PCM's but what are they using? What's the tool used called? Can any dealership do the flash?

Thanks,

Riddler
I'm interested in this also. Did you ever try Night Rider out of Toronto? I have no personal experience with the company but seen his add on kijiji.
Matt

i would love to find a handheld ipad or something similiar and the programming to let me see what my engine is doing i;ve seen people using them on tv shows but dont know much about them . i used hotwire and chris the owner has been very helpful

I used a Hotwire Hotrod harness on the 2000 5.9 Magnum I installed in my '68 Barracuda. I sourced a PCM from Solo Electronics in Florida, and reflashed it to adopt the tune to various engine builds I had using an SCT Tuner. It's an extremely adaptable plug & play set-up, and I highly recommend it.

Reflashed are based on feedback from my wideband readings, and updates are emailed to me, uploaded into the SCTTuner and downloaded into the car via the OBDII Diagnostic port. It's easy.

It sounds like you are trying to build a harness for the Gen3 Hemis without a basic knowledge of the Gen 3's PCM even more complex Canbus architecture. My hat s off to you. It's proven to be a daunting challenge to get right even by seasoned professionals. I understand Mopar did not release the source code to prevent people from doing exactly what you are attempting.

Last edited:
-
Back