where to get exhaust manifolds ceramic coated

-

trudysduster

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I am looking to do something with the exhaust manifolds on my 440. I just got the shell of my Duster painted and getting ready to do the makeover on the engine and need help. I don't know whether to powder coat them or ceramic coat them. Any suggestions, pics, places that do this would be of help. I was thinking of a black satin or dark grey in color.

You need to shoot a PM to CudaChick, (Leanna)...she'll take care of you...

Most powdercoating places do ceramic. I've used two by my and both did great work. Where are you located, that would help a lot.

I'm about to get mine coated at Indy Coatings in Indianapolis. They said $100 for sandblasting and ceramic coating the pair of small block manifolds. It sounded to me like ceramic is the way to go for manifolds because of how hot they get.

GTGrinly, thanks for the recommendation but I'm not doing ceramic coatings at the present time. (I fired my high temp supplier last September for a variety of very good reasons I won't elaborate on here and have been trying to find a suitable replacement ever since. So far, none have blown my skirt up.)

High temp ceramic is the only way to go on exhaust. Regular powder coating won't cut it.

So far, none have blown my skirt up.)

never mind I'll keep my perverted thoughts to my self:toothy10:

GTGrinly, thanks for the recommendation but I'm not doing ceramic coatings at the present time. (I fired my high temp supplier last September for a variety of very good reasons I won't elaborate on here and have been trying to find a suitable replacement ever since. So far, none have blown my skirt up.)

High temp ceramic is the only way to go on exhaust. Regular powder coating won't cut it.
when you find one that does blow your skirt up, don't forget some pictures please.....

LOL @ you guys ... no wonder I love men so much. You always keep me on my toes. As windy as it is around here today, everything's blowin up. Pics at 11. :-D

yes, i am in Dry Ridge,Ky, south of cincinnati,Oh. Will the brush on coating work

what, still no pictures?? it is 11:00 somewhere by now damn it....

Nothing againts cudachick1968 but if your looking for someone in the chicago area that does powder coating here is a place you can contact. he does all my powder coating and he is a good friend of mine. His name is bob buckley.

call coating specialties in chicago heights il. 708-754-3311. very fast turn around. he does all my powder coating. he does the matte black or grey on exhaust in house, or he can send it out to get them done in silver locat here. He is a good frind of mine ask for bob. Check out my post's he has powder coated my k-member, control arms spindles. he did my 8 3/4 rear and backing plates.. He is open mon-fri till 5:30 chicago time. Hope this helps. Here is his web site.

coatingspecialties.com

yes, i am in Dry Ridge,Ky, south of cincinnati,Oh. Will the brush on coating work

If Billy wasn't in such a dang hurry to get back on the computer this morning I would've been able to finish my post.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch ...

In the interim, I've been referring high temp ceramic header and manifold coatings to my friend Jason who owns AutoCycle Powder Coating in Chattanooga. He has lots of color choices available, does nice exhaust work, and will give you a decent deal if you tell him I referred you.

Jason's website is http://autocyclepc.com/ and his phone number is .......... [sigh] ....... not on my computer desk anymore. It is out on my clipboard in the shop though, so I'll get another post on here in the next day or so. He isn't open on weekends anyway.

Now just don't be calling him for your custom work. Stick with me. :-D He's much too busy doing exhaust stuff to bother with other insignificant custom car parts. LOL

Nothing againts cudachick1968 but if your looking for someone in the chicago area that does powder coating here is a place you can contact. he does all my powder coating and he is a good friend of mine. His name is bob buckley.

call coating specialties in chicago heights il. 708-754-3311. very fast turn around. he does all my powder coating. he does the matte black or grey on exhaust in house, or he can send it out to get them done in silver locat here. He is a good frind of mine ask for bob. Check out my post's he has powder coated my k-member, control arms spindles. he did my 8 3/4 rear and backing plates.. He is open mon-fri till 5:30 chicago time. Hope this helps. Here is his web site.

coatingspecialties.com

Lets think about this for a moment. I could have my parts done by a sweaty guy in Chicago or I can have my parts done by a Chick in a short skirt and red pumps.

Tough decision. I will have to think about this very long and hard. A decision like this takes deep thought, very deep thought.

This will take some penetrating, soul searching but I think I can come up with the answer.

Be back in 3 minutes.

LOL @ you guys ... no wonder I love men so much. You always keep me on my toes. As windy as it is around here today, everything's blowin up. Pics at 11. :-D
it is now after 11, where is the damn pictures:angry7::angry7::angry7:

-
Back