Where to get oil diverter plug

-

xring

Reaction score
FABO'ers:

Regarding the small cup plug that goes in the vertical oil passage that diverts the oil through the oil filter. I don't think my plug kit came with one. Where can I get one?

Thanks.

FABO'ers:

Regarding the small cup plug that goes in the vertical oil passage that diverts the oil through the oil filter. I don't think my plug kit came with one. Where can I get one?

Thanks.
if you have the old one take it to your friendly neighborhood autoparts store, if not measure the hole diameter head to the same place. it's a freeze plug/core plug etc.

I'll try it. But I haven't had much luck at the local auto parts stores when it comes to finding things.
Thanks.

I was told by my local mopar engine guru that the plug was the same size as the ones in the front oil galley near the camshaft timing gear. have not had reason to see if he is correct but he lives and breathes mpars.

I need to locate one for my block too. I have to run to NAPA tomorrow and I find one I'll let you know the part number.

That would be awesome! I have my original, if I need to I can try to get it matched.

Thanks!

Yep, like fishy says, NAPA has a great selection although I have to go to their main distribution center to find them. They have a big "Dorman" display and I can just match the stuff up. :)

That would be awesome! I have my original, if I need to I can try to get it matched.

Thanks!

Sorry but I didn't make it to NAPA today as planned. I don't have my original anymore. Meant to keep it to match it up but somehow I misplaced it. If you have yours matching it up would be the easiest way to get one. Unless somebody tells me the size I'm going to have to try to measure it. Hopefully tomorrow I'll get it measured and make it to NAPA to get one. Like Ramcharger said Dorman is the company that has all that little stuff like that and NAPA has a big Dorman display.

Stop by your local machine shop (probably behind the NAPA) they'll have one.

NAPA didn't have one, didn't seem interested in finding one. But the other "real" parts store in town had them. It is a 9/16" plug. I got two because I have no doubt I'll screw one up trying to install it.
As a side note, this store, an Auto Value store, gave my 3 y/o son a NASCAR Auto Value car while we were there...they have my business from now on. The Advance and Auto Zone store in town are a joke anyway.

Thanks.

I bought one at a Dodge Dealer a few years ago I still have the package and the label says part number 03462871 It may still be a good number...

-
Back