Where to get quality light sockets

-

RogerRamRod

The Older I Get, The Faster I Was
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I got some reproduction 68 side marker lights a few years ago (can’t remember source) but my project is only just now getting around to that stage. As soon as I pull the headlight switch-pop, there goes a fuse.
I have rewired a ton of stuff, changed some stuff, and added stuff, so I assumed it was in my work somewhere. Turns out to be shitty sockets for the side markers. The contact for the bulb + is inside a metal spring inside the metal housing. As soon as I disconnected the side markers, no problems. Chinese crap!
I can reuse the original 2 in the trunk, but the original fronts were pretty well trashed.
I need 2 sockets for the 1895 bulb, 1968 self grounding side marker lights and sockets,
I also need sockets for the tail/brake light, the ones I ordered for those looked pretty decent in the description, but are just as crappy as the sockets on the side lights.
If nobody knows a source for good sockets , I’ll probably post in the wanted section

I had the exact same issue! They are crap and unfortunately I can’t find my original front sockets as I kept my original harness but the front socket pigtails are gone

check out NAPA's web site they have alot

I struggled with a short that turned out to be the cheap taillight socket. Wish I had kept all of the original light sockets because the replacement ones are garbage.

Some of the old-style sockets you can get repair kits that have the internal parts (spring contacts and phenolic contact pad) I don't have any part numbers, but they use to be pretty common.

&wid=288&hei=401&layer=1&text=%20&&pos=5,5&opac=55.jpg

napa Part #: NW 787120

Now how about the 2 contact one. Although the disc may not line up the contacts right because they made them for different bulb numbers.

Last edited:
I bought some salvage sockets from a member. After I wired them up, I enveloped the backside of entire front side marker light in a glob of duct-seal hoping to prevent the new lights & sockets from corroding. The pot metal 68 light gets spray from the front tire.
As a side note, I also got tail/brake light sockets and installed in my reverse location . I used amber/white switchback LEDs behind the reverse lens for turn/reverse and bypassed the brake light circuit from the flasher, so now I have both brake lights operating when I also have turn signals on.

-
Back