Where to go from here???

-

Creedmoor

Recovering Fordaholic
Reaction score
’68 Barracuda FB OK, here’s what does NOT work: Both Front parking lights Front Right marker light Front Right signal Right signal indicator Hazards work fine and everything on the backend works like it should (except back-up lites – but I think that’s a separate issue). I’ve done a complete and very anal connection cleaning of the bulbs, receptacles, ground connections at both ends, inside and outside of all connections. I have verified continuity all the way back to the bulkhead connector for all wires. I have voltage at the bulkhead for terminal “Z” which is parking and markers when I turn the switch to on. I have on /off voltage on terminal “S” when the ignition is on and the left turn signal is on. But when the right hand turn signal is switched on I have a steady 12V at terminal “V”. Could a bad flasher do all this? Did 68 Cuda’s have two separate flashers for hazards and signals? Help - What am I missing? Any and all advice really, really welcome! I friggin’ hate electrical! Mike

Bulbs were the first thing I checked. Cleaned up all contact surfacrs on them and checked 'em with a multimeter. They tested good so I put 'em back in. Made some progress late yesterday. Got the right turn signal mostly working. Turned out to be two things - the flasher for the turns was bad AND the switch in the column is making only intermitent contact for the right signal. If I hold it firmly up and away from the wheel the blinker works fine. Yes it was another fun-filled under-dash adventure looking for the second flasher (and I used to think Toyotas were miserable under there).

Now for the parking lights and RF marker light. Advice needed.

If you have to hold the turn signal lever to get it to flash then the turn signal switch is worn out and needs to be replaced.

Yes, The emergency flashers and turn signals do use 2 separate flashers.

-
Back