Where to sell engines ?

-

grassy

Reaction score
In my quest to find help with the services I cannot find down here I ran into a gent (retired from the rat race) who has a machine shop better that most shops I have been in. He builds engines that he sells all over the world. The last biggie went to England, I think.

The problem is that he really doesn't like dealing with folks but rather be in his workshop with the tunes cranked. I should also say that he too is disabled and in chronic pain like I am and has teenage kids at home as well :) Presently, he is on a GM run. He is rebuilding a bunch of chevy 350s.. (this is ford and Chevy country I live in)

He is blueprinting them and shipping with a carb or with any other mods the customer wants. Custom orders are no problems. He have been very kind to me and since I have no probls talking (RBG) I suggested that I would try to find a few customers.

Pictures are no problems either.

Any suggestions on how to start down this road ?

Thanks
Ian

Sounds like he has a pretty good word of mouth business going right now. Sometimes it's best to just leave it at that. Is he a one man operation?

Yes...that this is the part that he really wants to escape from.

Would it help if I posted a pick and pricing ? Word of moth is good but he will eventually have 25 done..too many for our local market.

How I met him I was just tooling down one of the bac roads and I saw three '60, '70 muscle cars (tow converts) on rotisseries so I dropped in..one of the cars he is doing is a /71 cuda I think..saved my bacon because he allowed me to photograph the front suspension.

Have been sick again but I was able to talk to the guy again. He does have some rare engines.

I think what we will do is spell out all the specifications and show a vid of the actual engine being broken in. Custom can be entertained. Of course prices will be up front as well.

Am I missing anything ?

Ian.

-
Back