Where's my fender dude?

-
O.K. I need some feedback on this. I ordered a new 69 Dart fender from a place that I've bought other stuff from. Paid in full up front on credit card. I was told it would take a week and 1/2 to get it. Wait two weeks and call them. Not in yet. Tell me to call them next Friday and they should have it. So I call today at 3:00 and no answer. called at 3:15 and 3:30. No answer. So now here's another weekend without the part I need to continue. Would you be pissed? If you tell someone to call you, shouldn't you answer and give them a simple yes or no?

I would have ordered it way ahead of time. I can understand your frustration if they told you 1 1/2 weeks. Trouble is if they don't have it in their hands there is no way they can control a third party or the freight company. This is why I always make sure they actually have it in stock before I order. If it is a NOS part then it takes the time it takes because they are few and far apart if any still exist. Be glad you didn't buy from YearOne because you are lucky if your parts aren't backordered for 6 months or longer.

I have hunted for over 10 years for a certain NOS part before I found one. I am still on a hunt for one more 17 years later just because I want NOS part instead of my nice used part if I can ever find one.

All kidding aside.

To the O.P. furyus2:

In hind sight I may have been a little too sarcastic in my original comment. I apologise. It wasn't my intent to add to a bad day you may have been having. I hope your fender arrives soon & fits well. Good luck with your project. -LW

-
Back