Wheres Waldo

-

Holy Roller

Reaction score
Ok, I know someone sells new fenders for a 68 barracuda 340 S fastback. But, I can't find them...can someone tell me who sells replacement fenders.

I don`t think anyone is repoping them. there was a pair for sale in cal., on ebay, the guy wanted $700 apiece for them , plus shipping! these kind of people make me sick ! I found a rear repair patch on ebay, very sorry made, but my friend the body man fixed it . good luck!

I know there are places that sell replacement fenders for a 68 barracuda but I can't find them. Can anyone point me in a positive direction, thank you very much.

I was hoping for a better answer, but I do appreciate the help and want to thank everyone. I can't seem to find tail light lenses either. Thank you for your help.

Sorry, no steel replacements and nearly impossible to find good used. I paid thru the nose for a used pair last year and they weren't as advertised.

Several places making repop taillight lenses. Not interested in throwing out names of places as it will start a poop flinging contest about whos repops are better, when its all coming outta taiwan anyways.

Thank you moparmat2000 for your help, I have seen the tail light repops at I think it was RPW. I'm grateful they make those..it helps us out some.

Thank you Pikewi, It looks like I may have to go the used route, at least that cuts my fender need down to one.

Thank you famous Bob, I thought I had seen some ebay sales where the post said there were new fenders included with the sale. That's why I thought there were new fenders that could be bought, seems strange that no one at all would make repops though.

I contacted AMD about exterior door skins since theres a lot of fixible doors if new skins were available. I explained that all the door skins from 67 to 69 weather it be coupe, convertible, or fastback aree the same stamping. Ditto w fenders except for the 69 model. A 67 fender all it needs is a hole for the light to be a 68. A 69 fender otherwise needs an indented flange for the reflector. Very minor die changes in a stamping plant. They said they have no plans on making the tooling for 67 to 69 barracuda fenders or door skins the latter of which would sell pretty well as they would prob be cheaper than a set of fenders.

I find this rather odd as they have fenders, door shells, door skins, and full rear quarters for darts of these years. I would have thought the barracuda would have been more desirable to make these parts for. Maybe there were just more darts made volume wise, so the tooling costs make sense in this regard.

I dunno, but its food for thought.

Matt

^^^
I contacted AMD also, along with a veritable plethora of other (repop) MFGR's...
The consensus ...the same old $ thing... Dart/Duster/Demon/Valiant (yes valiant) popularity
has precluded Barracuda singular mods to press form.

Bad & Good Folks,
Bad ...You will have to go looking for 'serviceable' 40 yr old sheet metal .
Good... You will have to go looking for 'serviceable' 40 yr old sheet metal.

P.s,
I have a number of friends (30+ year vets ) in the Body Repair Segment of the Biz...
I contacted all 5, none of which could provide me with a source for anything other than
'patch panels'.

I contacted AMD about exterior door skins since theres a lot of fixible doors if new skins were available. I explained that all the door skins from 67 to 69 weather it be coupe, convertible, or fastback aree the same stamping. Ditto w fenders except for the 69 model. A 67 fender all it needs is a hole for the light to be a 68. A 69 fender otherwise needs an indented flange for the reflector. Very minor die changes in a stamping plant. They said they have no plans on making the tooling for 67 to 69 barracuda fenders or door skins the latter of which would sell pretty well as they would prob be cheaper than a set of fenders.

I find this rather odd as they have fenders, door shells, door skins, and full rear quarters for darts of these years. I would have thought the barracuda would have been more desirable to make these parts for. Maybe there were just more darts made volume wise, so the tooling costs make sense in this regard.

I dunno, but its food for thought.

Matt
I know what you mean Matt, it seems if manufacturer's offered the other sheet metal we need...they would offer "ALL" the sheet metal we need. I'm with you, I believe the money they would make from the parts they don't make would be worth the process of making them. Thank you for the information.

I know what you mean Matt, it seems if manufacturer's offered the other sheet metal we need...they would offer "ALL" the sheet metal we need. I'm with you, I believe the money they would make from the parts they don't make would be worth the process of making them. Thank you for the information.

If, I ever feel the need for front fenders, I will go fiberglass, no way in hell I`ll pay $700 apiece plus shipping from cal. !!:finga:

I don`t think anyone is repoping them. there was a pair for sale in cal., on ebay, the guy wanted $700 apiece for them , plus shipping! these kind of people make me sick ! I found a rear repair patch on ebay, very sorry made, but my friend the body man fixed it . good luck!

This has been researched many times,and the comments here are the same indicating"will not pay for good fenders". And the manufacturer will not lose money just to satisfy a few "hobbyists". I have good fenders and I have friends that also have good fenders but not for the price most will pay here. Good luck on your endeavor to find good-cheap steel fenders.

-
Back