Where's your NVLD Pump and Canister?

-

boden

Reaction score
I'm working with all the factory components and trying to decide where to mount the NVLD pump and attached charcoal canister. The truck one is really bulky and I looked at my Durango and it is just as thick, but a couple inches shorter and narrower. I'm thinking about mounting it under the below the front seat floorpan on the driver side, but it will hang down more than I like.

Anybody have a great idea of where to mount it outside the engine compartment, or a smaller version that might work from a different vehicle? Pictures would be great.

Why use it to begin with???

I have a couple reasons. One is I want to minimize the number of DTCs that show up. From the info in the service manual it looks like there is a large number of codes that can appear if I don't use the NVLD pump.
Another is I think it is irresponsible to not have a vapor canister. It is one of the few emission devices that I don't see as having a negative impact on performance. If I'm going to have a vapor canister it might as well be one designed to work with the engine.

Not to bang on the issue, but if your gonna swap this engine into an older car, and do a emissions compliant swap, then you'll need more than just the canister. However, if you do a non emisiions swap, all the aftermarket and factory fi setups and carbed setups have nothing for emissions. So you gotta decide emission or non emission. Check out some swaps and see what was involved, you'll be surprised. And yes, you can do a emission swap, just send in your computer to be reprogrammed with your vin # and gett some cats, canister, and anything else I have not listed and go for it, it'll be REAL EXPENSIVE!!!.

5.7 I'm not sure why you are so negative. Having a bad day?

The emissions setup for controlling fuel vapor is extremely simple. there is the NVLD pump that attaches to the charcoal canister and a purge valve between it and the intake manifold. I have all the parts so there is no cost unless I buy a different charcoal canister. I already mounted the purge valve out of sight under the battery tray. I'm not worried about the VIN in the computer, so I don't have to get my computer reprogrammed unless I want to go with a custom tune to eliminate the rear O2 sensors and not run cats. Which is the direction I am leaning. I just don't want the fuel system vented directly to the atmosphere. Either way I'll either have the cost of some high flow cats or a custom tune, but that has nothing to do with my question.

Anybody out there have a useful response?

No, no,no, not having a bad day, just totally confused. I thought there were wires connected to it, hence my confusion. I do apologize if I came off in a bad tone. I saw a hemi swap sometime ago on tv and they were saying stuff about the computer reflash, vin, canister, so on, so I guess my brain was not firing right and did not put 2 and 2 together, I should have known this. I do apologize, sorry.

-
Back