Which battery??

-

Pateras

Reaction score
Hi guys,
For a couple of years now I've sworn by Caterpillar batteries in all my cars. There's amazing quality, 40% cheaper, and the place is right up the road. after measuring the battery tray and available space in my 67 Cuda, it looks like i have an area of 7x10x7;

1. does this sound correct?
2. What battery size do you guys have?
3. What's a good quality battery that will fit?

Thanks in advance.

if you are happy with those batteries then by all means buy one-- group 24 is the size reference.
Lawrence

Im sorry, i wasn't clear; All Cat group 24 batteries are 9" tall, too tall for the car. can someone measure their battery to confirm, and maybe suggest oanother brand that's NOT sold at Wal-mart. Thanks.

The battery in my Barracuda now is an old Autolite Platinum 96 series. According to the sticker, it was made in Dec 2006. Still cranks, even after 9+ years. Don't know who made it - probably Deka or Exide, since Autolite doesn't manufacture batteries.

Battery size is 9 1/2" L x 6 1/2" W x 7" H. Side terminal, flat top. It looks like I have about another 3/4" of room at the top to clear the hood.

http://www.batteryweb.com/bci.cfm

HTH.

The battery in my Barracuda now is an old Autolite Platinum 96 series. According to the sticker, it was made in Dec 2006. Still cranks, even after 9+ years. Don't know who made it - probably Deka or Exide, since Autolite doesn't manufacture batteries.

Battery size is 9 1/2" L x 6 1/2" W x 7" H. Side terminal, flat top. It looks like I have about another 3/4" of room at the top to clear the hood.

http://www.batteryweb.com/bci.cfm

HTH.

Thank you Dozer for being the one person here willing to help me. Im walking out in 3 minutes to deal with this. You truly came through for me in this situation. I'll buy you a beer sometime soon. :cheers:

Thank you Dozer for being the one person here willing to help me. Im walking out in 3 minutes to deal with this. You truly came through for me in this situation. I'll buy you a beer sometime soon. :cheers:

Don't sweat it. The guys here are usually great with helping out.

Thank you Dozer for being the one person here willing to help me. :

Tape measures are cheap and a valuable tool.:sign3:

I go to autozone and buy their gold series batteries:blob:

Switch over to a side terminal battery the connectors don't break and very seldom need cleaning.

Tape measures are cheap and a valuable tool.:sign3:

I go to autozone and buy their gold series batteries:blob:

Switch over to a side terminal battery the connectors don't break and very seldom need cleaning.

GEO, your disrespectful sarcasm is ill directed and unnecessary. All reference books state a group 24 battery as the official size, my tray is in the stock location, yet the 24 is too tall, hits the bottom of the hood. I had to get a group 34 battery, still not sure what's up, so that was my question Genius. :finga:

I'm super happy with my optima red-top, would recommend it.

don know what t o tell you. group 24 is a specified standardized size, and they been that way since the first 12v cars used 'em, in 55? so if a group 24 is "too tall"

24 is for most cars except ford, .................

24F is for ford, has the terminals reversed, and has a bottom clamp flange

either it's not really a group 24 or

someone modified your battery tray.

it is simply as simple as that.

here is interstate size chart. these are industry standards. note that group 22, 24 and 27 are essentially same except for length. they are all same tall. you cannot put 27s in mopars

http://www.interstatebatteries.com/content/product_info/auto_interstate_f.asp

GEO, your disrespectful sarcasm is ill directed and unnecessary. All reference books state a group 24 battery as the official size, my tray is in the stock location, yet the 24 is too tall, hits the bottom of the hood. I had to get a group 34 battery, still not sure what's up, so that was my question Genius. :finga:

So you can't figure out how a tape measure works in other words:finga:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9caqSJ4sN8Y"]Tape Measure use, markings, fractions, etc. How to read a tape measure. v1 - YouTube[/ame]

-
Back