Which Body style seems to be more poplular ("23" OR "29" )

Which body style is more popular ("23" or "29" )

• Total voters
-

Princess Valiant

A.K.A. Rainy Day Auto
Reaction score
I have heard some people say they prefer the dart or scamp body style with the "slab side" body and the overall boxy look.

Others say they prefer the "sport roof" body (Duster, Demon, Or Dart Sport) which allows for some massive rear tires and is a bit shorter and more curvy.

which one is your favorite ??

1969DodgeDartGTSexterior-626x382.jpg

duster.jpg

I love them both. Even though I own a Duster I'd probably choose boxy style on anything other than Dusters or Demons. - So if I ever do get a Dart...

kinda hard for me to answer my own question because I currently own both types. I can see how some people are biased one way or another.

When I started getting heavy into A-bodies I went through many dart swingers. I have never had a four door because I never find them, but 2 door swingers seem to have been in masses because they are everywhere.

I went through the whole love affair with dart swingers and then later I started getting into Dusters real heavy. Problem with dusters is they were much harder for me to find. I ended up finding more Demons than dusters but to me they all in the same.

At this point I find myself bored with swingers because I have been there done that but I still cant bring myself to parting with any I have remaining because they are just so damn good looking and bring buckets of good memories.

My first car was a 68 Camaro. As much as I loved that car, I remember seeing that first pic of the 69 Dart flying in the air in a magazine in the mid 80's. Loved it! Sold the Camaro and have owned 4 Darts and many other Mopars since.

Give me the dart/scamp anyday. That look always reminded me of a roadrunner. And I got a thing for notchback style. Just looks cooler with all the windows down, the engine rumbling, and the tunes going.

69 79 Swingers are my Favorite anything after that doesnt appel to me. 71 Dusters Demons are nice.
I guess i prefer the Dart body

done right, I like 'em both - but all things being equal, there is just something about the Dart/Scamp that does it for me. Many moons ago, in the 80's, I had a 71 Scamp that was fixed up some - no one else had one.. no one, so it was great to be driving something that you didn't see at every stop light, it was totally different - that really appeals to me and has stuck with me always.

Last edited:
Dart for sure would be my preference.

While I like all A Bodies, I prefer the short wheelbase fastbacks with plenty of room for tires. I have had 71 and 72 340 Dusters.

Those of you saying "Darts" should be a bit more specific! They came both ways, you know. ;)

I love them both equally. I ended up with a 29 but I would be just as happy with a 23.

good thing a couple of you mentioned gen 2 barracudas . They also have the either 23 or 29 in the vin and fall into this same classification so they are very much included.

-
Back