Which carb gasket for pcv?

-

4spdcuda66

Reaction score
I noticed a lot of carbon build up in the vacuum port of the carb where the pcv hose hooks up.
The carbon was inside the port at the base of the carb. I had the split style gasket on there before. (The one at the top of the first photo.) It looks like that gasket seals the pcv port to the intake flange. Should I use the gasket with the oval opening instead? It looks like I may not be getting vacuum to the pcv valve because the gasket is closing it off. The pointer is showing the hole that is sealed between the gasket and intake. The gasket with the oval port will not block this off. Am I on track here?

gasket 2.jpg

gasket 1.jpg

What does the base of your carb look like? I think it splits into both bores on the base plate. If that is so I always use the thick insulator type gasket. The carbon is normal because of the oil vapor.

WOW! That is certainly not going to work. Get the thick insulator type gasket with the open configuration.

VICTOR G14140 It also appears there is a large difference in the idle mixture screw settings. Try and get those balanced out a little closer too.
C2CC0130566331438137__ra_p.jpg

Last edited:
I used the thick insulator gasket that was in the kit and it pulls strong vacuum from the pcv port now! So, was the gasket I had on there before for a non-pcv set up? I'll check those mixture screws. Thank you.

I used the thick insulator gasket that was in the kit and it pulls strong vacuum from the pcv port now! So, was the gasket I had on there before for a non-pcv set up? I'll check those mixture screws. Thank you.
Yes it was for early model non PCV or the open plenum 273 single plane intake.

-
Back