Which do you like best?

Which do you like best?

• Total voters
-
in my younger days I'd have voted for the stick, but as I age that torqueflite looks better all the time. My vote for the a/t

for racing god i would love another close ratio 4 speed

but other than that i'm lazy and unlike the rest of you bad mofos with you 400hp ive got MAYBE 140hp so auto is good nuff for me

remember on cruise night its not how fast you go its how good you look :):
)8)

I LOVE going through the gears......one by one!!!

Manual. I remember in high school having a bumper sticker on my Roadrunner that said "I'd rather eat worms than drive an automatic". I'm older now and have enough sense not eat worms. I just like the manual better.

I'll have to tell my racing buddies next time i'm at the track that were all pussies,deadly consistent pussies.. unlike a manual which is hardly ever consistent,and consistency is what counts running the 1/4....4-speeds are good for a pansy street car:sleepy2:,but when you get serious automatics are the only way to go at the track!!!

go for it. id rather drive a clutch any day of the week. if it was clutch only at the track there would be more competition. its gettin like nascar. output tire size trans. running in the same et. start running some standards and the driver is actually the winner. rather then just having a car do the same **** over and over again. get the driver to bang gears like i do daily. manuals can take the same power a auto has coupled to it with the motor and run faster. clutch all the way

I love 4spds (or more!). If auto's are sooo much better at the track then why did sock and martin use 4spds? Anyway 4spds are the way to go they even make /6 cars fun! I drove the scamp the other day and it was a blast! its just a 2bb /. Tara's dart is also a 4spd and wow with freeway gears and a stock 360 it gets up and goes! Please don't try to tell me and auto is smoother, you just don't know how to drive! I drive a stick to work everyday 50mi round trip and I wouldn't trade it for an auto any day of the week.

Ronnie Sox shifted and lifted a 4 speed faster then a auto goes thru the gears. he was killer. and autos are lame. my friend has a 96 GMC Sonoma 2.2 4cyl. 118hp. it chirps 4th. completely stock 5 speed. no mods at all. try to get it to chirp 2nd with an auto. pssshh. aint gonna happen. thats why i want a 4 or 5 speed for my Dart. i need one. so i can get 4.10s

Manual trans in all my rides.
Why, because an auto doesnt get better with age, only worse.
I can redo a manual with simople tools. It is also more efficient.
Push starting is a nice option also, but I havent had to do that ever since I put optima batteries in all my cars.
My brothers auto neon gets 28 mpg, my manual neon gets 40 mpg, hmm, no brainer.
So true...I have a 04 neon 4speed auto.....

I like the positive delivery of power from a manual...everything is linear....I also like the consistency of an auto......but it aint much fun and, as was pointed out, both my wife and my Grandma and my Mom and any pimple faced kid can drive an auto....
3gears.gif
thatiscorrectsmiley.gif
mopartitgirl.gif

The automatic is also a real
laughpig.gif
when you have to work on it!

hey guys call me stupid but what exactly is "line-loc"?

It`s a hydraulic device that installs in the front brake lines and is capable of locking the front brakes with the flick of a switch. This allows the rear wheels to move freely while the fronts are stationary, hence major burnout. :burnout:

It is a "roll control". It allows you to lock your front brakes by using a electric valve. You can then preload your converter and the car will launch much harder.....when the lights come down, you release the line lock and the car takes off.

You can also use it in a 4 speed car for different purposes.
It will serve the purpose of keeping you on the line and not rolling through it while you wait for the lights to come down.
You can slightly depress the brake and engage the line lock to do your burnout. When you want to burn on out of the burnout area, you can release the line lock.

Manual in a street car (67 barracuda convertible)

Auto in the racecar (73 dart sport)

small block mopar,
I love your avatar was it set that way or was it at a drag strip?

I voted auto. For my use an auto with a shift kit that will let you have both ways suits me fine. I have driven all types of trannys in heavy miami traffic and manuals are no fun in that case. Here in texas there is no real traffic in comparison. For the open road a cruise control set to mach1 will fill the need.
Andrew

It all depends on the needs, traffic, type of vehicle and usage.

Personally, I prefer auto for daily business, manual for fun drive around town or track, auto with manual valve for 1/4 mile strip. Like many here, I learned to drive on a stick, so can't image living with out one.

Side note, it is scary how many people in this country don't know how to drive a stick when the rest of the world still prefer sticks. In fact renting an automatic out side of North America is a hack of a challenge not to mention cost.

I like the manual cause its a blast to drive, but for getting down to business I prefer the auto.

Auto trans for a strip/street or strip only bracket car. Consistencey is the key to bringing home the money.

4 or 5 speed for a hot street car, canyon carver and highway blasting.

Auto for a daily "get to work and back" car. I like to drink and drive (coffee).

i concur with Mr. Ramcharger:toothy10::toothy10::toothy10:

A friend of mine once told my dad that he would get more consistant et's if he put an auto in the 'Cuda. My dad, who drove truck for 3 million miles told him "if I don't know how to jam gears by now something's wrong..." (By the way, I was in the Freightliner with him when he outshifted an auto Camaro and walked away from it, bobtail, and, yes, he used the clutch...)

You drive a stick, you ride in an automatic.

i think i am gonna be in love forever now with my new mr. gasket race shifter courtesy of bcuda452:):)

Shifter.jpg

-
Back