which door glass will work on a convertible?

-

fuzzman

Reaction score
I'm in need of a 69 passenger door glass for a 69 barracuda. Is there any A body cars that will interchange with a convertible? I know the notch won't work or the fast back glass besides getting one from a convertible will any other body styles work a Dart?
Pat Faley
69 Convertible project
East Peoria IL

67-69 convert only dart/b-cuda

search is your friend. convertible forum has a thread on this very topic

Lawrence

As has been said but with one exception. 69 mounts to the regulator
Differently then The 67-8. If you go with the earlier glass you will need the regulator. I have pics somewhere on it I will post if I can dig them up

I'm in need of a 69 passenger door glass for a 69 barracuda. Is there any A body cars that will interchange with a convertible? I know the notch won't work or the fast back glass besides getting one from a convertible will any other body styles work a Dart?
Pat Faley
69 Convertible project
East Peoria IL

Did you ever find door glass?

no I did not I thought that I had a lead from Mopar City here in IL and they got back to me and said that they didn't have one either. I have glass for it now which came out of a 67 or 68 and was just putting the feelers out to see if I could find the correct 69 glass I had no idea it would be this difficult. I've read on here that you can use the up stop from a 67 or 68 on the 69 door but not sure if that is true. Mopar City kept telling me that they had one and the price was going to be $275 which I thought was high and I kept asking are you sure it is for a 69 and sure enough they got back to me today and admitted that they didn't have one. Oh well the car is in pieces so I'm not in a big hurry i'll just keep looking.
Pat

Carl
The window was broke out while the car was in storage for twenty years the air conditioning unit was stolen out of the car when they broke the window so the piece that mounted to the window was sitting in the bottom of the door. I fit the glass that I found on Ebay for $75 in the door before I took the car apart. I didn't know that there was that much differences between the three years until I took this vert apart. My other car is a notchback. I bought window regulators from you for my notch.
Thanks for the reply
Pat Faley

As a thought - I assume that the difference in convert / notch / fastback is the shape of the top edge - can you use a notch or fastback glass and take it to a glass shop to have the top edge cut and finished to be the same shape as a convert glass? Is tempered glass able to be cut or ground?

I am sure that someone with a convert wouldn't mind tracing a template from theirs for comparison.

Just throwing ideas out there for you.

I tried going to a glass shop and the first question they asked was is the glass tempered and I said yes so, they said as soon as you would touch the glass with a drill the glass would shatter because it was tempered. I asked how do they drill holes in the glass than and he said they do it before they temper it. Basically what I was asking them to do was drill a hole in the glass and it was a no go. Thanks for the reply
Pat

Lawrence
Look to see if your spare glass has an extra hole in the lower corner if it does than it is from a 69 if not than it is from a 67 or a 68. Like I said before I have a glass for that door but it is from a 67 or a 68 and was only trying to locate a 69 version of it and had no idea it would be so difficult. I also thought that I could take it to a glass shop and, have a hole drilled in it but, that can't be done because, it is tempered and will shatter as soon as you touch it with the drill. So that is where I'm at right now
Thanks
Pat Faley

I ended up picking up a passenger side glass for a 69 convertible from a place in NJ called BK classic auto glass it was pricey but if you are going for originality you are going to pay. thanks for everyone's help!
Pat Faley

-
Back