Which intake for the truck??

-

HemiPar

Reaction score
Hey all. I am wanting to put a 4bbl carb on my 75 360 Power Wagon. I am going to the junk yard to search for one Friday. Is there a year better then others? I will be getting a new carb later this summer to do the swap.

Also I plan to pull the motor to freshing it up. When its cool the iol pressure is up around 55psi. But when it warms up it drops don to 20. I have not checked anything on it yet. I do know it does not leak and only smokes when I start it, (seals). I've had the truck for 20yrs and now needs to be worked on now that the Swinger is almost completed. Thanks for all your help with the PW.

if it was me i'd keep the truck as is.
while at the junk yard, i'd buy a carb with an engine attached lol.

get it freshed, prepped, whatever it takes then swap when it's finished.

a lot less messy, and your truck stays together the whole time :D

The Edelbrock SP2P is good for a truck up to 5000 rpm.

Also a good dual plane. We used a Wiand dual plane on our old Warlock II when we rebuild it and it ran great!

We rebuilt the engine with 9.0 compression, file fit the rings, Crane "340 cam", double roller timing chain, headers, dual exhaust with turbo mufflers exiting under the steps, Wiand dual plane and Carter AFB.

We started just above 9 MPG pulling our car on a trailer and went to 11.5 mpg pulling a car on a trailer and MUCH more power!

-
Back