Which Keys 1962 Lancer

-

Hyper_pak

Old School Chrysler Fan
Reaction score
Anyone have a picture of the correct keys for a 62 Lancer?
Ignition, doors?
Had a locksmith out to the house to remove the locking gas cap and he had no idea of the right key for the others. I have a glove box and tailgate key thank goodness!

Attachments

• Mopar Key 67.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 131
  • Mopar Key Round.jpg
    156.1 KB · Views: 109
  • Mopar Key Square.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 165
The third picture with the square head is what the OEM replacement Mopar ignition lock comes with from 1962 through 1968. Update: I see some of these are listed back to 1960 on the lock assembley.

Here is what is listed for the trunk lock.

Attachments

• $(KGrHqV,!iME2LrMWRJiBNj8mwKcrg~~0_1.JPG
    42.2 KB · Views: 108
The top picture is for 69-? I'm sire someone will know the ending year

My ignition and doors use the same key the glove box and trunk use a different one

So we think Square for Ignition and Round for Doors?

There is a one way interchange on the ignition key. I am thinking the square head key will not fit where the pentastar key fits but the pentastar key will go in the square head lock. The square head key has a wider groove in on area. The Pentastar will not fit tight in the early lock.

I am looking for information on the door locks right now.

Thanks Bill. Those door locks look GREAT! The wagon has a crank handle and it takes a little key that matches my nos glove box lock. I appreciate the links and research! Stan

Stan, I am always glad to help where I can. I chased this door lock and ignition lock mess until I finally figured out what was 100% correct for my 1968 Barracuda so I picked up some other knowledge along the way. I didn't want the import crap that is available and used the wrong keys on my car and I finally got the correct NOS Mopar set for my car. Bill

-
Back