Which leaf springs to use?

-
I took the recommendation of the local spring shop( black Smith shop) what I had was stock worn out 318 5 leaf spring in a 340 car. There recommendation add the 6th spring & re-arch the originals. There opinion, the steal of today just isn't as good as the old stuff. Just like us the new stuff isn't as good as the old stuff. LOL

Not the piss poor metallurgy several runs of the SS springs got. I've seen some less than a year old that were bent backwards at the front spring eye bolts. They flat out suck. I'll go for something from ESPO or General Spring now.
Got any links? How many have you seen bent at the spring eye? Ive never had a problem with them, so I’m goin to keep running them and recommending them.

72 Duster with a 440. Stock rear springs are soft and original. It is a street(70% street 30% track) car but being able to plant the power to the ground is important.Like to keep ride height where it is.Maybe a little lower would be ok but not any higher.

I can add/replace leafs with some of my own leaf springs I have saved if need be. Or I can buy a set of new springs and start fresh.Ride,handling,and traction compromise if you will is what I am looking for.

I have looked at the Cal Trac split mono leafs,Hotchkis,and several others.

What are you guys running and what do/don't you like about them?
I have a set of the super stock leaf springs off my 1972 Duster 340 that I would sell you if your interested.

Super Stocks with some adjustment, for the money they are hard to beat.

Duster fallon .jpg

Will the SS springs work well with the Leaf Spring relocation to the frame rail. I am building a '68 Barracuda for 90% track and 10% car meets. I'm tossing around the Split mono option or the QA1 rear setup, but the SS spring is also an option. I am running a 318 right now but the 440 is coming this winter. This is my first drag car being built so the the rear setup is new to me. Oh rear tire is a M/T drag radial 275/60r15 on a home built 9 inch wheel.

Will the SS springs work well with the Leaf Spring relocation to the frame rail. I am building a '68 Barracuda for 90% track and 10% car meets. I'm tossing around the Split mono option or the QA1 rear setup, but the SS spring is also an option. I am running a 318 right now but the 440 is coming this winter. This is my first drag car being built so the the rear setup is new to me. Oh rear tire is a M/T drag radial 275/60r15 on a home built 9 inch wheel.
They work great moved in

-
Back