Which mags fit stock A body disc brakes with 5 x 4" bolt pattern

-

Rocket

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know which aftermarket mags will work on a 69 Barracuda with the small bolt pattern and factory disc brake set up? American racing says their 14" Ansen & Outlaw 2 are for non-disc brake applications. For me a 14" or 15" wheel is fine.

Thanks

I have outlaw 1's on my 68 fish with factory discs. They are 14 x7 all around with a 3.75 rear offset. I am running 195.75.14 on the front and G.60.14 on back. Kevin

I talked on the phone with American Racing once & they told me the main reason their web site specified non-disc applications was because of the bolt pattern. Just that most Mopars they deal with have the larger bolt pattern when they have discs. They said that as long as the bolt pattern was correct, the 14" & larger wheels would work with the factory discs.

:burnout:

ProStreetDuster said:
Centerline has autodrags in 5 on 4" rims and I used to have Cragars on my 71 Duster

I'm running Centerline autodrags 15x5.5 w/2.25 offset w/4 inch pattern on my '72 Duster w/disc brakes.

I know Cragar SS 14 x 6's and 15 x 7's do.

Terry :burnout:

P6020033.JPG

I have 14x7 outlaw 2's on the front of my car with 10" drums, no problems (other than finding reverse thread jug nuts)

Robb

340mopar said:
When you guys say offset do you mean backspacing? because it is different.

Chuck

Agreed, big difference. I spoke to a wheel supplier who only seemed interested in talking about backspacing. What I really needed to know was offset.

Will some one enlighten me? What is the difference between offset and backspacing?

jefflock said:
Will some one enlighten me? What is the difference between offset and backspacing?

Offset is the difference between the mounting face of the wheel (the part that fits against the brake drum or disc) and the centerline of the wheel. Positive offset puts the wheel farther into the wheelwell (toward the center of the car). Negative offset puts the wheel farther out toward the outer edge of the wheelwell. A wheel with 0 offset will center the tire in relation to the brake drum or disc.

Backspacing is the distance from the mounting surface of the wheel to the very back or inside edge of the wheel. Lay a bare wheel face down & put a straight edge across the back side. Measure up from the mounting face of the wheel to the straight edge. This is the backspacing.

Keep in mind that wheel width is measured from the inside edges of the rim, where the tire bead seats. A wheel is usually about an inch wider from outside edge to outside edge than it's specified size. Example, a 7" wheel will usually measure about 8" across. Confused now?

:burnout:

i have a set of 15"X8" Centerline wheels that were on my 67 Baracuda they have less than 20 miles on them. i went to Polished 15"X12" in rear and 15"X3.5" in front let me know if anyone is interested?

Agreed, big difference. I spoke to a wheel supplier who only seemed interested in talking about backspacing. What I really needed to know was offset.

Yea it can be confusing alright. If you know offset or back spacing you can go here and see what the rim will look like.
http://www.rims-n-tires.com/rt_specs.jsp
And it tells you the offset and back space, in inch's and mm.

I have a 68 Dodge Dart with 14 inch (5X4 inch bolt pattern), disc up front and drums in the rear. I bought 15 inch coker red line tires. I'm looking for a 15 inch rim, preferably a rim simuliar to the Torque Thrust II's (Magnisium inside and polished on the outer rim, the old school pattern). I already was told to contact Rods West in Ridge Crest Ca. I was hoping that American Racing would have some available. Any info wouldbe appreciated .

I really like the rims on your Duster. Would they fit on my 68 Dodge Dart with 5X4 inch bolt pattern? I bought 4 coker red line tires, (15 inch) and I'm looking for the old school rims, like the Torque Thrust's II or like yours. Any info is much appreciated. I have disc jin the front and drums in the rear.

Is Centerline the name of the wheel or the company? Looking for that rim and cannot get the manufacturer to come up.?

the outlaws are cheap and work fine with discs. i bought them to fit over a scarebird conversion but never used them or the brakes

-
Back