Which nitrous kit?

-

Reaction score
I recently installed the fitech 600 power adder, I was planning on installing a nitrous setup this winter but like a child waiting for Christmas......
Anyone have any advice on what kits are good/ bad. I'm looking for 100-150 shot.
And a dumb question, I'm assuming I would be able to use the exsisting fuel line supplying the fitech but would have to add a regulator to drop the pressure to the n2o selonoid ?

The 125 Power Shot, has treated me well, several times... Others ,will chime in.. Price your local N20 suppliers, its getting expensive...

I recently installed the fitech 600 power adder, I was planning on installing a nitrous setup this winter but like a child waiting for Christmas......
Anyone have any advice on what kits are good/ bad. I'm looking for 100-150 shot.
And a dumb question, I'm assuming I would be able to use the exsisting fuel line supplying the fitech but would have to add a regulator to drop the pressure to the n2o selonoid ?
What fuel pump, and are you using...the original factory fuel line, and return line... or no????

255 walboro pump, 3/8" teflon / stainless wrapped feed to Fitech , stock 3/8" steel return

255 walboro pump, 3/8" teflon / stainless wrapped feed to Fitech , stock 3/8" steel return
Nice start... Nitrous ie EXTREMELY ADDICTIVE.. What' s the engine/ transmission/ rear end ...chassis..as is?. I (don't)..want you, to blow up expensive things...

416 stroker, 10.7:1, all forged, steel crank, 500 ish hp at crank. 518 od tran, 3000 stall with anti ballooning plate, 3:91 rear. In a 74 barracuda.

I've had nos in 2 stroke atvs and sleds but never a car so this is new ground for me. But I definately know what u mean about addictive!!

Is it necessary to have a purge valve ?

416 stroker, 10.7:1, all forged, steel crank, 500 ish hp at crank. 518 od tran, 3000 stall with anti ballooning plate, 3:91 rear. In a 74 barracuda.

I've had nos in 2 stroke atvs and sleds but never a car so this is new ground for me. But I definately know what u mean about addictive!!

"I would" think so.... I asked those questions, to give others experience(d) in such... To help you, with better information....

Nitrous oxide systems

Better known as NOS and glorified by "The Fast & Furious" with "Naaas" unfortunately!

You are already making some nice Torque so get ready. Even with a 125 shot add timing retard to your components. Probably 4 degrees minumum if your motor is that high on Static Compression. I am not familiar with FI Tech but are you controlling your timing with it and if so can you set up a table to pull timing out when there is a activation? Johhny Pace will know this so PM him.

It sounds like you have a few Bennies in the car so if you want the staight scoop contact Steve Johnson at Induction Solutions. He isn't the cheapest but his customer service is second to none. I do recommend a purge if for anything a way to bleed the system and you have to expel quite a bit of gas to get to the good stuff...... Add a Blow Off Valve also as it is required at most tracks.

NOS is getting expensive so keep that in mind but with a good tune and everything you have done it will donkey kick your car.

That combo is an 11 sec car and with some gas you are in the 10's so enjoy the ride...

JW

I will be controlling timing with Fitech, it is the power adder series so it has many features in regards to nitrous. I bought it through pace, I plan on buying the nos setup through him for the customer support. He gave me a couple choices on kits, I was just checking if anyone had preferences on certain setups or not but it seems to be very basic . The reason I asked about the purge valve is I'm trying to keep things concealed as much as I can, I have a shaker on my car, hopefully I can hide everything and the more components the harder it is.

I will be controlling timing with Fitech, it is the power adder series so it has many features in regards to nitrous. I bought it through pace, I plan on buying the nos setup through him for the customer support. He gave me a couple choices on kits, I was just checking if anyone had preferences on certain setups or not but it seems to be very basic . The reason I asked about the purge valve is I'm trying to keep things concealed as much as I can, I have a shaker on my car, hopefully I can hide everything and the more components the harder it is.

The only caveat to having a purge other than the actual purpose is you can drain the line of NOS if you need to perform service work. For that purpose I would use one. But for being stealth no it is not necessary. Pick his brain about the retard and dry test the system to make sure it is pulling timing out. I suspect he will suggest 6 degrees.

JW

-
Back