Which of these cams would be better 416ci

-
I'm running a Racer Brown in my 408 with very similar specs to the larger cam you mentioned in your first post, although mine is a solid. It's very mild. Just a nice rumpity rump idle. Cruises real nice and pulls surprisingly hard to 5500-5600. Had a heck of a time getting the drag radials to stick good but finally clicked off a 12.24 at 112 in my heavy pig of a Cuda (3700 lb race wt). As long as I cruise without getting on it too much it'll get 13 in town and 15 mpg down the road. If I were you I'd go with at least the larger hydraulic and if you don't mind adjusting the lifters once or twice a year (depends on how much you drive it) stick a solid in it. If you got the money a roller would be even better.

BTW: Using a Eddy Air-gap intake and my converter stalls 3500 and I'm running 3.55 gears with 28" tall tires

To gain more hood clearance use a drop base air cleaner. As I mentioned I'm running the Eddy Air-gap and even have a 1" spacer under the carb and it clears the stock hood on my 68 Cuda. I forget exactly how much the base drops but it's the most I could find. 2" drop possibly??

-
Back