which oil pan for my dart?

-

360moparjunkie

Reaction score
Looking to purchase enlarged oil pan and p up tube for my 360 dart. When I look up dart the dart sport comes up. Looks like the duster to me and not my swinger style dart.
Are they the same oil pan?
Has anyone used the 8 quart w the swinger?
How low does it hang?
Is the special oil pump must be used?
Will work w my tti headers?

I have that exact pan on my Dart Sport that RustyRatRod mentioned and with TTI headers. It's all the same up front as a Swinger. I also use a stock volume pump and put 5-6 quarts in. But that's up to you.

The Road Race pan is also a good option along with Milodon's newer 7 quart pan for more ground clearance.
If it's on the street, you may have to be careful with the 8 quart around speed bumps, pot holes, etc..

http://www.summitracing.com/search/...ily/mopar-small-block-la/sump-location/center

I agree. Having trouble coming to terms with a 400+ dollar oil pan is all. Now thats some serious cheddar!

It's worth every penny! Hell I have that pan on my 340. Plus a member here (autoxcuda) help design this road race oil pan.

Well you specifically said 8 quart pan so that's what I found. I never have seen the stupidness in hangin a pan below the K frame either, but lots of folks do it.

Kevco pans are excellent quality and very affordable.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 121
On the Milodon road race pan you may have to hit the inside of the K member on the right side with a grinder just a little since the stickout on that side of the pan is right up against the K member .
It is tucked up tight, though.
Use the small starter (Denso????)

I have an 8 quart moroso oil pan...don't know why I used it. Sits pretty low and was really hard to install in the car because It kept getting hung on the k frame.

But I run dougs longtube headers and a stater from a 94 dakota...Everything fits really well besides the oil pan sitting low.

Well you specifically said 8 quart pan so that's what I found. I never have seen the stupidness in hangin a pan below the K frame either, but lots of folks do it.

X2 on that! I try to get people away from doing that as well. That said only time I could see someone doing that is if the car is a track only use.

I've run Kevco pans and like them. Tuck up nice, clear headers.

http://www.cnc-motorsports.com/oil-...ries/kevko-m301-stock-location-oil-pan-1.html

8qts on a street car is overkill in most every case.

Will these items work well w my tti headers?
Is there baffle in this pan?
This looks like about 200 dollar saving.
I know this is an expensive hobby just trying to save a few $.
I have about 6g in parts and machining and counting.
I do appreciate posts from ALL.

Darrell

-
Back