Which primer?

-

Ccrussell

Reaction score
Hello,
I am in the process of fixing some rust spots , bubbles on the roof after stripping off the vinyl,
Quarter panel repair etc.. The garage i am working in is unheated, however while working i have a kerosene heater which heats the garage to about 60degrees.
What can i use to protect the repairs until spring arrives and i can shoot some real primer?

I'd hit it with Rust Mort or an equivalent rust converter - all are basically the same phosphoric acid product that converts rust to a black coating. You'll certainly want to hit it with primer eventually but the rust mort will take care of it until then, and you can always give it another quick touch of it later (if you have high humidity etc)

Hello,
I am in the process of fixing some rust spots , bubbles on the roof after stripping off the vinyl,
Quarter panel repair etc.. The garage i am working in is unheated, however while working i have a kerosene heater which heats the garage to about 60degrees.
What can i use to protect the repairs until spring arrives and i can shoot some real primer?

Iam building my 65 dart in a heated garage ,I spray everything with a self etch spray paint as it will be a 2 yr project so want to risk of any moisture at all,hope this helps

Yes i am using rust mort. Thats a great product.
Can the self etch primer be rattle can self etch? I saw that product at auto zone yesterday but didnt know if it was a good product. Think it was rustoleum product. If i use that, should it be sanded off before spray gun primer in the spring?
Thanks guys.

leave the etch primer and scuff with a scotchbrite pad before applying primer. the SEM
brand etch primer in the spray can would be a better choice.

-
Back