Which Scoop for 67 Dart: Six Pack or Demon dual snorkel ???????????????????

-

duster360

Reaction score
I have an extra hood for my 67 Dart. I would like to add a scoop to the hood to vent the heat out, especially in the summer. When I park the car, Holley carb fuel level will be at half point on sight glass, check it later and it will be at bottom of sight glass in both bowls. No spacers or shields of any sort have helped so far. Plus my air cleaner has so much drop to it to clear the hood I am sure it is restricting the air through the choke horn. Show pictures if you can please. What is your opinion and why?

A Demon/Dart Sports scoop will allow less rain in, whether driving or sitting. A Demon-specific base will be easier to seal as both are flat. Dart Sport have a taper in their hood.

If early hoods are anything like later ones, there is a "diamond" that can be cut out for air flow without cutting any of the bracing. But it will depend on the diameter of the air cleaner if the lid can sit higher, inside of the cut-out. Engine is off-center and a 14" diameter air cleaner can interfere with a brace. If you have an OEM diameter air cleaner housing, perhaps a taller air cleaner with a lid fitted to the smaller diameter element will help raise it within the cut-out.

Wood or phenolic spacers can only help, even if it's not obvious. If you have any room, even 1/2", use one.

Last edited:
I had a Hemi scoop on my 383 68 dart. Drove in lots of rain and never had a problem. Open element 14 inch air cleaner. I believe the 72 Canadian 340 swingers had the dual snorkel scoop. Kim

-
Back