which size slicks

-

duster731

young gun
Reaction score
I have a duster 318 about 350hp when I'm done with it I'm going to run
275/60/15 for regular driving but as far as slicks go which size should I get for racing and which brand I'm new to slicks and never used em so any help would be appreciated thanks. O btw I would have 3.91 gears sure grip

It depends on how often you drive it. Not great in the rain and they wear quick because they are soft. Had a set on my barracuda for a few years before I sold it.

Expensive lol I drive it a lot I was just gonna get bfg t/a for my everyday driving and when its time to race throw some slicks on. I found a few here on cl for pretty cheap not new but has some life in them but I don't know which size I should get

Would the.26-10.5-15 fit good under my duster with. An b body rear end if not which ones would

Anything with a 10" tread should be fine as long as you dont go overboard on diameter.

go short on dia so you don't cut your gear down, BTW these Nitto's hook great on the street 275/60/15's but I'm only around 420hp with a 4,400 stall, SS springs

Attachments

• demon new 010 (640x427).jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 236
I'm gonna be 350 HP 3000 stall and a sure grip 3.91 rear so those nitto will work and would you use them the same as slicks

yes, they will work as slicks but for a high hp maybe in the 450+ area i would just use a dedicated pair of slicks for the track, the good thing about Nittos is they are not as soft as some drag radials so they are lasting guys around 10K to 15K and they don't pick up and toss as many rocks and garbage at your quarter panel. Also i fully expect these tires to last 10K on my ride where my BFG T/A's were bald in about 6K. If you like to do burnouts, and fishtails go with street tires, if you like to leave the light like you were shot out of a canon go with a drag radial.

So street tires for street like the bfg and slicks for the race I would like to have a separate pair of tires for the race and another for cruising and having fun so I don't think the nitto will work for me plus they are expensive

28 x 9 slicks from Hoosier are the exact size of your street tires, they will fit for sure and have plenty of grip for the HP you are running.

28 x 9 slicks from Hoosier are the exact size of your street tires, they will fit for sure and have plenty of grip for the HP you are running.

Thas is what I run

Attachments

• duster 007.2.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 166
I'm gonna be 350 HP 3000 stall and a sure grip 3.91 rears

my car was about 350hp at the wheels with a 3.91 gear and a 3500 stall and the 26x9.5-14 hoosier quick time pros worked great. 1.63 sixty foot.

darthighdef.jpg

dartlaunch2.jpg

wat I run is 28x9x15 hoosier slick on the track

and I buy the cheapest 275x60x15 street tire I can find
any way its only for making smoke

alright guys thanks and abodyjoe i wish my car would launch like that lol.... o and thanks for pics guys they really help thats the size im shooting for

-
Back