which springs for magnum 5.9 heads!!??

-

moparmatt19

Reaction score
I have a magnum 5.9 im wanting to run my 230/.480 hyd flat tap cam in. I know about getting new push rods and oil through lifters and need to cut the guides down for retainer to seal clearance , but what valve springs do I need that will fit? There has been many build ups using these heads and this cam but they never freaking tell you which valve springs to use!! I know I can call comp cams with my dim.'s and they can figure out one that will work, but I done that before and they didn't seem like they knew there was a magnum head!! Im sure someone here has use these heads with a bigger than stock cam right? So help please!

Thanks Rustyratrod ! Call me lazy on that one but that was so much easier than calling a company ! Im guessing I cant use the stock retainers with these? :(

Thanks Rustyratrod ! Call me lazy on that one but that was so much easier than calling a company ! Im guessing I cant use the stock retainers with these? :(

Why would you want to?

Lol this is an elcheapo build to get it in my Dakota and sell it. Everything went wrong the last6 months so I had to put a hold on my engine I was building for it. Thought about cutting corners on it but decided not to and just sell the truck and forget that project so i bought a good 5.9 magnum engine with less than 90k miles on it. Already had a re ring kit for a 5.9 so figure I would freshen it up and use a cam I had here on the shelf. Figured since the truck already has the fuel cell, manual vb 727tf and the 3:55 posi in it it would sell better with something besides just a stock sounding/performing engine in it lol. So im trying to go cheap and use what I have already , but use correct parts too. Bc im not going to sell junk.

-
Back