Which steering wheel?

-

djwhog

Reaction score
OK I know it is owners preference, but I need to replace the wheel on my 64 Dart. What Grant wheels have you guys used that you like and any pics of them for these early Mopars would be great to see?

PS: I dont want to restore the fatory wheel for $300+ dollars at this time. Maybe someday I will send it out and have that done.

I like the thicker leather feel. These are larger 14" not huge like the factory 16 or to small like the later 12.5 and 13". They seem decent size and you can see your gauges thru them.

Which is a better look guys and gals?
:coffee2:

grt-1130.jpg

grt-1150.jpg

I like the three spoke better. I am going to send the wheel for my 64 dart out to refinished. I've tried to keep it stock and think I would like to keep the original wheel in place. I was surprised at how much it costs - who did you check with ? thanks Dave

The 1st(on top) for sure!!!I dont think the othr will look good on your DART,It Looks like a Modern car sh!*#t for me.

The Dart -Nº1,2.jpg

The first one on top look's like a mopar wheel and Would look great in your car.
I agree with LowDart that the one on the bottom looks like a modern car stuff

goodbread said:
I like the three spoke better. I am going to send the wheel for my 64 dart out to refinished. I've tried to keep it stock and think I would like to keep the original wheel in place. I was surprised at how much it costs - who did you check with ? thanks Dave

Yeps thanks guys I will go the 3 spoke for now. I want to see the dash and this is a better design and is close in shape to a factory 3 spoke. I think I spoke with someone at legendary interior and they gave me a refferal. Can not recall who, but it was over $300. When I get the car completely done with all new interior ( if I can afford it ) Current prices are over $3000 for all factory origional seats panels etc. I would go with the stocker. So I will hold on to it for that day.

The only other reason I like the Grant wheels is I like the thicker feel and the better leather wwrapped units. I hate the foam crap and their wood units are cheesy, well except the $300 ones again.

thanks all!

PS Grant now makes a retro 70-71 cuda challenger wheel too. but it is $$$ too. :salute:

Hell_Fish said:
I think all the grant wheels are ugly.

This is the best looking wheel.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/66-M...006QQitemZ160112859660QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

At least this is a Mopar wheel and there is an a-body adapter. I used this type of wheel on my 70 Swinger and tossed the grant wheel it came with.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cuda...tegoryZ34200QQihZ011QQitemZ320110195121QQrdZ1

I have to agree. Like you said, it's personal preference, but I find all those undersized Grant wheels absolutely hideous, especially on an old car. Why don't you call up a wrecking yard ( like wildcatmopars.com ) and buy an original one in decent condition?

Mopars with [generic] Grant wheels are usually the same ones with awful velour seats from Hondas and big automatic floor shifters hacked in. Please - don't do it!!! :sad1:

I like the original performance wheel, but with the roll bar and trying wiggle by fast hinny between the wheel and that bar. I'm not sure what I"m going to do now.

Lee

Well that is why I think I will go with this wheel, it is not the typical 12.5 or 13". It is a 14.5 " wheel.

-
Back