which tires would be better

-

71dustar

Reaction score
Which tires would be better for daily driving but also perform really good at the track? if any of you have these tires please let me know what you like and dislike.

Which tires would be better for daily driving but also perform really good at the track? if any of you have these tires please let me know what you like and dislike.

Well if daily driving includes driving in the rain that rules out street slicks and anything I've ever tried that's good on the street are banana skins at the track.

Terry

MT/ET street radials
Yup. They will wear out quickly on the street though.

When I ran these at the track, I still had a seperate set of rear tires for the street. They are really soft and for me, too expensive to wear out so quickly with street driving.

Yup. They will wear out quickly on the street though.

When I ran these at the track, I still had a seperate set of rear tires for the street. They are really soft and for me, too expensive to wear out so quickly with street driving.

That makes a lot of since.

the lower the tread wear number the stickier the tire, but like said will wear out faster.

There used to be a place in town that made recap drag tires. The cap was real soft. I bought a set years ago and I could not get them to spin on dry pavement with a 383 and 4.10 gears in a 68 Charger. The car would launch hard which was good.

-
Back