Which torque converter?????

-
i have a dynamic convertor also... had a few friends that thought i was crazy spending $600 for it until they drove the car with it. the car had an ATI in it that was 3500 stahl. the dynamic in it now id a 3800. i thought sean at dynamic was nuts when he told me how high it was... but he explained how it worked and i gave it a shot... man it is awesome... i can't say i completly understand how it works but basically they say the 9 1/2" diameter gives it the high stahl and the fins inside have a bunch of positive pitch to them so it locks up fast on the street.....

it is definatley the best of both worlds. i get 3000 on the foot brake easy and definatley get more if i wanted but do need to and on the street it drives and cruises like a stock convertor. i couldn't believe it....

the biggest thing you need to do when buying a good convertor that is set up for your car no matter who you buy it from (dynamic,ptc or untimate) is be completely honest about your car... if you don't know the specs of it then you need to find out.... they asked me a ton of questions. they need this info to tweak the convertor to your car.

Yeah there is nothing like a converter made just for your application. Beats out of the box converters everytime.

Bill Dowdy Converters in Pine Bluff, Ark also builds a great converter. He is a MOPAR guy but builds for all x brands also. I have one of his in my 72 demon drag car, 408 flat top, flat tappet 568 cam, 2800lb. 4.88 gear, best 60 to date, 1.39. Oh buy the way I ran it for 5 years without any problem,

I went with an Edge Racing Converter. 2600 stall behind a mild 318. Works good and its low-buck. They have a street converter and strip converter. i think i paid $300 for a street converter, the strip converter is a couple hundred higher. It hasnt given me any problems, im pretty happy with it. Also, the guy that runs it owns a few mopars : )

-
Back