which tranny shield should i use

-
I installed a Blanket From Cope Racing Transmission in my 69 Dart Race car and it fits nice. I have a deep pan and teh one he sells for a deep pans really fits nice. I did not want a solid sheild since the tunnel is so tight in these A-bodies

There is a shield I will be getting it, its made by CSR

I have not raced this car with it, but my Valiant never got very hot at all. Look at my photos and you will see my valiant -it went low 10's

I have a 69 dart with a 727. I am running the CSR shield. It did not fit to bad. The only problem is the rear of the shield. It has a lip to keep the pan strap from sliding off the back, and that hit the trans tunnel. I cut the floor and put in a new panel for clearance. This car is a drag car only so I was not worried about the floor. The other area that is close is the pinch weld between the firewall and the floor/ trans tunnel. I trimmed it and welded the seam. Last you cannot get the upper bellhousing bolts in or out when the engine/trans is installed unless you cut some access holes into the tunnel/firewall, or they go in as one unit. You would also need the trans filler tube from Mancini Racing for this application.

-
Back