whiplash318 cam

-

bad440

everything,all the time..
Reaction score
has anybody used the hughes 318 whiplash cam in a 318?it says they are for stock engines but they have a pretty big lift, says nothing about a loose converter either way.but it does say its for 8.5- 8.9 comp.

The whiplash cam series is made for low compression motors. Correct me if I'm wrong, but lift has nothing to do with how the converter will act, that is determined by the duration and the lobe separation in most cases.

have heard of a few members who've used that cam, great low end torque but not a high rpm cam. Depends on what you're looking for and how you intend to drive your car.

I have heard lots of good thing about it.

Like said before great low end not so much top end but who needs top end when you got some nasty torque.

The whiplash 318 takes advantage of the best parts of a crappy 318's stock configuration: it is designed to retain the most amount of cylinder pressure with the stock valve-size and compression. Torquey.

The whiplash cam series is made for low compression motors. Correct me if I'm wrong, but lift has nothing to do with how the converter will act, that is determined by the duration and the lobe separation in most cases.
i was just sayin ,it has some lift.i guess my **** runs together lol

Yep whiplash cams are designed for folks that are looking for a sound. You can get great sound with good driveability without the junk if you want,whats the complete combo? If you don't want to give out the details just call Tim @ Bullet cams and give him all the info.

-
Back